Wholesome Peanut Salad Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Salad
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut salad can be a healthy and nutritious choice, as it provides various essential nutrients. Peanuts are a good source of protein, healthy fats, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, folate, and magnesium. However, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes and the other ingredients in the salad, such as dressings or added sugars, which can affect the overall nutritional content.
Peanut salad can be enjoyed as a light and refreshing meal option. It can be served as a main course salad by adding grilled chicken or tofu for additional protein, or as a side dish to complement a larger meal. It’s a versatile dish that can be customized with various vegetables and dressings to suit individual preferences.
The main ingredient of peanut salad is, of course, peanuts. Other common ingredients include mixed greens, vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers, and a dressing such as a vinaigrette or peanut sauce. Optional additions can include herbs, fruits, or proteins like chicken or shrimp.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Peanut salad does not have a specific historical or cultural background but is a popular and widely enjoyed dish in many cuisines around the world. Peanuts are native to South America and have been cultivated for centuries. Their use in salads and other dishes has evolved over time, influenced by various culinary traditions.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make a delicious peanut salad at home, start by selecting fresh and high-quality ingredients. Toasting the peanuts before adding them to the salad can enhance their flavor. As for equipment, a mixing bowl, a sharp knife for chopping vegetables, and a whisk or jar for preparing dressings are commonly used.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut salad pairs well with a variety of foods and beverages. It can be enjoyed alongside grilled meats or seafood, as a side dish to a sandwich or wrap, or as part of a larger buffet-style meal. For beverages, options like iced tea, lemonade, or light-bodied wines like Sauvignon Blanc can complement the flavors of the salad.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut salad recipes and tips
Recipe: Peanut Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut dressing (store-bought or homemade)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mixed greens, shredded carrots, cucumber slices, diced bell peppers, and chopped cilantro.
- Toss the salad ingredients together until well mixed.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts over the salad.
- Drizzle the peanut dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can customize the salad by adding or substituting other vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, red onion, or snow peas.
- To enhance the flavor, consider toasting the peanuts before adding them to the salad. Simply heat a pan over medium heat, add the peanuts, and stir them frequently until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- If you prefer a spicier salad, you can add some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the peanut dressing.
- For added protein, you can include grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu in the salad.
- If you’re making your own peanut dressing, you can try a simple recipe by whisking together 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, and a dash of sesame oil.
Peanut salad calories
The calorie content of a peanut salad can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used. Here is a rough estimate of the calories in a basic peanut salad recipe without any additional protein sources:
- Mixed greens: Approximately 10 calories per cup
- Shredded carrots: Approximately 25 calories per 1/2 cup
- Sliced cucumber: Approximately 8 calories per 1/2 cup
- Diced bell peppers: Approximately 15 calories per 1/2 cup
- Chopped cilantro: Approximately 1 calorie per tablespoon
- Roasted peanuts: Approximately 80 calories per 1/4 cup
- Peanut dressing: Approximately 60-100 calories per 2 tablespoons (depending on the brand or homemade recipe used)
Please note that these calorie estimates are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands, variations in ingredients, and serving sizes.
- The peanut salad is refreshing and vibrant.
- The combination of flavors and textures is delightful.
- It is a satisfying and nutritious salad option.
- The addition of peanuts adds a pleasant crunch.
- The salad has a balance of savory, tangy, and slightly sweet flavors.
- The peanuts bring a rich and nutty taste to the salad.
- The dressing complements the ingredients well, enhancing the overall flavor.
- The combination of fresh vegetables and roasted peanuts creates a satisfying and enjoyable eating experience.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut salad recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥