The best recipe for sweet tanghulu
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for fruit tanghulu that you can make and eat at home!
Fruit Tanghulu is a Chinese dish made with fresh fruits. “Tanghulu” means “sugar-coated haws” in Chinese and is traditionally enjoyed during festive occasions or special gatherings, symbolizing the joy and abundance of the moment.
Fruit Tanghulu can be created using a variety of fruits, commonly including apples, bananas, oranges, pineapples, cherries, and more. The dish emphasizes the freshness and sweetness of the fruits. The fruits can be sliced or used whole, depending on their size.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
fruit tanghulu Ingredients:
- Assorted fresh fruits (such as apples, bananas, oranges, pineapples, cherries, etc.)
- Bamboo skewers or lollipop sticks
- Granulated sugar
fruit tanghulu Cooking procedure:
- Prepare the fresh fruits by washing them thoroughly. If needed, remove any stems, seeds, or peels. Cut larger fruits into bite-sized pieces, if desired.
- Thread the fruit pieces onto bamboo skewers or lollipop sticks, leaving a small space between each piece.
- In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar and water. The ratio of sugar to water is typically 1:1, but you can adjust it according to your taste preferences. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly, creating a syrup.
- Dip each fruit skewer into the sugar syrup, making sure to coat the fruit evenly. Allow any excess syrup to drip off.
- Place the coated fruit skewers on a parchment-lined tray or baking sheet and let them cool for a few minutes. The sugar coating will harden as it cools.
- Once the sugar coating has hardened, the Fruit Tanghulu is ready to be served. Arrange the skewers on a platter or individual plates, and enjoy!
Note: You can customize your Fruit Tanghulu by using different combinations of fruits or adding a touch of creativity. You can also sprinkle additional toppings like crushed nuts or sprinkles onto the sugar-coated fruits for added texture and flavor.
Enjoy your homemade Fruit Tanghulu!
What are the calories of fruit tanghulu?
The calorie content of Fruit Tanghulu can vary depending on the types and quantities of fruits used, as well as the amount of sugar coating applied. Here is a general estimate of the calorie content:
On average, a serving of Fruit Tanghulu (typically 1 skewer or approximately 100 grams) contains around 70 to 100 calories. However, this can vary depending on the specific fruits used and the amount of sugar coating applied.
Keep in mind that the calorie content can change if you use larger or smaller fruit pieces, adjust the amount of sugar coating, or add any additional toppings. To get a more accurate calorie count, it’s best to calculate the calories based on the specific fruits and quantities you use in your recipe.
If you have the nutritional information for the specific fruits and sugar coating you are using, you can calculate the calorie content by adding up the calories from each ingredient.
It’s also important to note that the calorie count mentioned above is just an estimate and can vary depending on various factors.
- Peanut tiramisu recipe
- Peanut pasta recipe
- Peanut Sauce Chicken Recipe
- Peanut cake recipe
- Peanut sticky rice cake recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The best recipe for sweet tanghulu, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!