Sweet pumpkin tiramisu
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for pumpkin spice tiramisu that you can make and eat at home!
About Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu is a dessert that incorporates the flavors of pumpkin spice into the classic Italian tiramisu. It is a delicious and indulgent treat that combines layers of ladyfinger cookies, creamy mascarpone cheese, and a pumpkin spice mixture. Here is some information about the health and nutrition, meal recommendations, ingredients, history and cultural background, homemade tips and equipment suggestions, food and beverage pairings:
Health and Nutrition:
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu is a decadent dessert and should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It is rich in calories, fats, and sugars due to the mascarpone cheese, cookies, and pumpkin spice mixture. However, pumpkin itself is a good source of fiber, vitamins A and C, and potassium.
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu is typically served as a dessert or a sweet treat after a meal. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea, complementing the flavors of the pumpkin spice.
The main ingredients used in Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu are ladyfinger cookies, mascarpone cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and whipped cream. The ladyfingers are soaked in a coffee or espresso mixture to add flavor and moisture to the dessert.
History and Cultural Background:
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert that originated in the Veneto region of Italy. It traditionally consists of ladyfinger cookies soaked in coffee or espresso, layered with a mixture of mascarpone cheese, sugar, and sometimes liquor, and dusted with cocoa powder. Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu is a variation of this classic dessert, incorporating the popular pumpkin spice flavor into the creamy layers.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Suggestions:
When making Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu at home, it is important to use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. You will need a mixing bowl, a whisk or electric mixer, a shallow dish for soaking the ladyfingers, and a serving dish or individual dessert glasses for layering the tiramisu.
Food and Beverage Pairings: Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu pairs well with warm beverages like coffee, espresso, or chai tea. The rich and creamy flavors of the dessert complement the robust flavors of these drinks.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone cheese until smooth. Gradually fold in the whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Add half of the mascarpone mixture to the pumpkin mixture and gently fold together until well combined.
- Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the brewed coffee or espresso, making sure to coat both sides without soaking them for too long.
- In a rectangular serving dish or individual dessert glasses, arrange a layer of soaked ladyfinger cookies at the bottom.
- Spread half of the pumpkin mascarpone mixture evenly over the cookies.
- Repeat the layers with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining pumpkin mascarpone mixture.
- Dust the top layer with cocoa powder.
- Cover the dish or glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the tiramisu to set.
- Before serving, you can garnish with a sprinkle of additional pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Note:This recipe is a variation of the traditional tiramisu, and the addition of pumpkin spice flavors adds a unique twist to the classic dessert. Feel free to adjust the sweetness or spice levels according to your preference.
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu Calories
The calorie content of Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, here’s a general estimate of the calorie content for a typical serving of Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu:
On average, a serving of Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu (approximately 1/8th of the recipe) can contain around 300-400 calories. This estimate includes the calories from the ladyfinger cookies, mascarpone cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, whipped cream, and any additional ingredients used in the recipe.
It’s important to note that these figures are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands and measurements used. If you’re following a strict calorie-controlled diet, it’s recommended to calculate the exact calorie content using the specific ingredients and quantities you use in your recipe.
- Peanut tiramisu recipe
- Peanut pasta recipe
- Peanut Sauce Chicken Recipe
- Peanut cake recipe
- Peanut sticky rice cake recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!