Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce
This dish offers a delectable combination of flavors with Sweet Potato Gnocchi in a Herbed White Wine Sauce. The sweet potato gnocchi is bathed in a savory white wine sauce infused with aromatic herbs.
For an indulgent meal, savor the Sweet Potato Gnocchi alongside a fresh arugula salad or garlic bread. The marriage of the pillowy gnocchi and the fragrant sauce creates a satisfying and elevated dining experience.
Cultural and Global Context:
Gnocchi, a type of Italian pasta, has a rich history in Italian cuisine. This variation with sweet potato adds a modern twist to a classic dish. White wine sauces are also a staple in European culinary traditions, known for their ability to enhance flavors.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
When making gnocchi from scratch, ensure the sweet potatoes are thoroughly cooked and well-drained to achieve the right consistency. Adding too much flour can make the gnocchi dense.
A saucepan or skillet is suitable for preparing the herbed white wine sauce. A potato masher or fork can be used to create the characteristic gnocchi indentations.
Matching with Food and Drinks:
Pair the Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce with a glass of chilled white wine to complement the wine-infused sauce. The dish also pairs well with a light, crisp salad for a refreshing contrast.
The cost of ingredients for Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce can vary based on the availability of sweet potatoes, herbs, and white wine. While sweet potatoes and herbs are often affordable, the choice of wine can influence the overall cost.
Indulge in the sumptuous harmony of Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce, a dish that marries elegance with rustic comfort.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Cooking time, Recipe and Tips, Storage and Shelf Life
The cooking time for Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce can vary depending on whether you’re using store-bought or homemade gnocchi. Generally, it takes about 2-4 minutes to cook gnocchi in boiling water. The sauce can be prepared while the gnocchi cooks.
Recipe and Tips:
- Sweet potato gnocchi (store-bought or homemade)
- Butter or olive oil
- White wine
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or sage)
- Garlic, minced
- Heavy cream or half-and-half
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes for heat
- Cook the sweet potato gnocchi in a pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions. They are ready when they float to the surface. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter or heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Pour in white wine and let it simmer for a minute to reduce slightly.
- Add fresh herbs and a dash of red pepper flakes if using.
- Lower the heat and stir in heavy cream or half-and-half. Let the mixture simmer gently.
- Gradually add grated Parmesan cheese while stirring to create a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked sweet potato gnocchi to the sauce and gently toss to coat.
- Serve the Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce hot, garnished with additional herbs and Parmesan.
- For store-bought gnocchi, follow the package instructions for cooking time.
- If using homemade gnocchi, they are ready once they float to the surface.
- Choose herbs that complement the flavors of the dish. Thyme, rosemary, and sage are popular choices.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cream and cheese to achieve your desired level of richness.
- To enhance the presentation, sprinkle some fresh herbs and additional grated Parmesan on top before serving.
Storage and Shelf Life:
Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce is best enjoyed immediately after preparation to maintain its texture and flavors. If you have leftover cooked gnocchi and sauce, you can store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat the sauce gently on the stovetop and mix with the gnocchi before serving. However, keep in mind that the texture of the gnocchi might change upon reheating.
How many calories?
The number of calories in Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce can vary based on the specific quantities of ingredients used and the portion size. Here’s a rough estimate of the calorie content for each main ingredient commonly used in this dish:
- Sweet potato gnocchi (per 1 cup cooked): Approximately 200-250 calories.
- Butter or olive oil (per tablespoon): Approximately 100-120 calories.
- White wine (per 4 oz): Approximately 80-100 calories.
- Fresh herbs (per 1 tablespoon chopped): Approximately 1-5 calories.
- Garlic (per clove): Approximately 5 calories.
- Heavy cream (per 2 tablespoons): Approximately 100-120 calories.
- Parmesan cheese (per 1 oz): Approximately 100-110 calories.
- Salt and pepper: Negligible calorie contribution.
Keep in mind that these estimates are approximate and can vary based on factors like the specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To calculate the total calorie content for your specific recipe, you’ll need to determine the portion size of the Sweet Potato Gnocchi you’re serving and account for the calories from each ingredient used. You can then add up the calorie values for each component based on the estimates provided above.
For a more precise calorie count, it’s recommended to use a nutrition calculator or app that allows you to input the exact quantities of each ingredient used in your recipe. This will provide you with a more accurate measurement of the calorie content per serving.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce is a feast for the senses, boasting a visually stunning presentation and a captivating aroma. The arrangement of tender gnocchi adorned with an aromatic white wine sauce creates an inviting and elegant tableau that sparks anticipation for the culinary experience.
From the very first forkful, Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce unveils its sophisticated medley of flavors. The delicate sweetness of the sweet potato gnocchi is enveloped in a velvety white wine sauce infused with fragrant herbs.
The white wine’s subtle acidity marries harmoniously with the creamy richness of the sauce, resulting in a symphony of taste that dances on the palate. Each bite brings forth the nuanced essence of the herbs, enhancing the dish’s depth of flavor.
The gnocchi’s pillowy texture offers a gentle contrast to the silky smoothness of the sauce, creating a gratifying balance. As the dish is savored, the flavors unfold progressively, revealing layers of complexity that linger with each delightful forkful.
In sum, Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce is an embodiment of culinary artistry that marries elegance with comfort. Its refined flavors and luxurious texture make it a standout dish that enchants both the palate and the senses, offering a memorable dining experience.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥