Strawberry Jam Recipe: Storing and Enjoying Your Nutritious Strawberry Jam.
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for homemade strawberry jam!😊
About Strawberry Jam
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Strawberry jam is a popular spread that offers several health benefits.
- It is low in calories and fat while providing essential vitamins and minerals.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and dietary fiber, which promote immune health, support digestion, and contribute to overall well-being.
- However, it’s important to consume strawberry jam in moderation due to its natural sugar content.
- Strawberry jam is versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways.
- It is commonly used as a spread for toast, bagels, or sandwiches.
- It can also be incorporated into desserts like cakes, pastries, and cookies.
- Additionally, strawberry jam can be used as a topping for pancakes or waffles, or as an ingredient in salad dressings and marinades.
- The main ingredients for strawberry jam include fresh strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Some recipes may also include pectin, a natural thickening agent.
- The jam can be customized with additional flavors like vanilla extract or spices such as cinnamon.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Strawberry jam has a long history and is enjoyed in many cultures around the world.
- It has been made for centuries as a way to preserve the flavors of fresh strawberries.
- The popularity of strawberry jam grew during the 19th century when advancements in canning techniques made it more accessible.
- Today, strawberry jam is a beloved staple in many households and is often associated with homemade and traditional cooking practices.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Strawberry Jam Recipe and Tips
- 1 kg fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 800 grams granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Instructions: a. In a large pot, combine the diced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. b. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves. c. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Skim off any foam that forms on the surface. d. Reduce the heat to low and let the jam simmer for about 40-50 minutes, or until it thickens. e. To check the consistency, place a small amount of the jam on a chilled plate. If it wrinkles when touched, it’s ready. f. Remove the pot from the heat and let the jam cool for a few minutes. g. Transfer the jam to sterilized jars and seal tightly. Allow the jars to cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
- Use ripe, fresh strawberries for the best flavor and texture.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference and the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Adding lemon juice helps to balance the sweetness and enhance the flavor of the strawberries.
- Stir the jam frequently while cooking to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Sterilize the jars and lids properly before filling them with the jam to ensure longer shelf life.
- Store the strawberry jam in the refrigerator and consume within a few weeks.
- Large pot: for cooking the jam mixture.
- Wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula: for stirring the jam.
- Chilled plate: for checking the jam’s consistency.
- Sterilized jars with lids: for storing the jam.
Pairing with Food and Beverages:
- Strawberry jam is a versatile condiment that complements various foods.
- Spread it on toast, bagels, or croissants for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Use it as a filling for cakes, cupcakes, or pastries.
- Pair it with creamy desserts like cheesecake or ice cream.
- Enjoy it with scones or biscuits for afternoon tea.
- Strawberry jam can also be used as a topping for pancakes or mixed into yogurt for added flavor.
Enjoy your delicious Strawberry jam!
Calories of Strawberry Jam
The calorie content of strawberry jam can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. On average, strawberry jam contains approximately 50-60 calories per tablespoon. However, it’s important to note that calorie counts may differ based on factors such as the amount of sugar added and the cooking method. It’s always a good idea to check the specific nutrition information or consult the recipe you’re using for a more accurate calorie count.
- Strawberry jam is a delightful and versatile spread that captures the essence of fresh strawberries.
- The vibrant red color and sweet aroma of strawberry jam are visually and aromatically appealing.
- The smooth and thick texture of strawberry jam makes it easy to spread on toast, pastries, or sandwiches.
- Strawberry jam offers a burst of sweet and tangy flavors that are reminiscent of ripe strawberries.
- The natural sweetness of the strawberries is balanced with a slight tartness, creating a well-rounded flavor profile.
- The rich and intense taste of strawberry jam can instantly elevate the taste of various dishes, from breakfast items to desserts.
- The natural strawberry flavor shines through, making strawberry jam a favorite among both kids and adults alike.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!