Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle
I’m going to show you a recipe for strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles that you can make at home!
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles, also known as stroopwafels, are a delicious and popular Dutch treat. They consist of two thin waffle cookies with a sweet, caramel-like filling sandwiched in between. While traditional stroopwafels typically have a caramel filling, strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles are a variation that incorporates the flavors of strawberries and chocolate.
The waffle cookies used in strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles have a distinctive texture—crispy on the outside and slightly chewy in the center. They are made from a dough that is pressed into a special waffle iron to create the signature pattern of shallow, hexagonal pockets. The waffles are then sliced in half horizontally, and a layer of strawberry-flavored caramel or strawberry jam, along with a layer of chocolate, is spread on one half. The other half is then placed on top, creating a delicious strawberry and chocolate-filled treat.
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles can be enjoyed on their own as a sweet snack or paired with a warm beverage such as coffee or tea. They are often served at cafes, markets, and specialty shops in the Netherlands and have gained popularity worldwide as a delightful treat to indulge in.
Whether you enjoy the traditional caramel-filled stroopwafels or opt for the strawberry chocolate variation, these waffles are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and provide a delightful combination of flavors.
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle Ingredients:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberry-flavored caramel or strawberry jam
- Chocolate for melting (milk, dark, or semi-sweet)
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle Cooking procedure:
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm milk and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the egg and mix again until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and the yeast mixture to the mixing bowl, alternating between the two. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place it back in the mixing bowl, and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat a stroopwafel iron or a pizzelle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Divide the dough into small portions, about the size of a walnut. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Place a ball of dough in the center of the preheated waffle iron and close it, pressing down lightly. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the waffle from the iron and carefully slice it in half horizontally while it is still warm.
- Spread a layer of strawberry-flavored caramel or strawberry jam on one half of the waffle, then place the other half on top to create a sandwich.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough portions.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or using a double boiler.
- Dip one end of each waffle sandwich into the melted chocolate and let it set on a wire rack or parchment paper.
- Allow the waffles to cool completely and for the chocolate to set before serving.
These homemade strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles are a delightful treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. They can be stored in an airtight container for a few days. Enjoy the sweet and delicious combination of strawberry, chocolate, and crispy waffle goodness!
How many calories are strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles?
The calorie content of strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, here’s a general estimation of the calorie range for homemade strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles:
On average, a single strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle can contain approximately 150-250 calories. The calorie content can vary based on factors such as the size of the waffle, the amount of butter and sugar used in the dough, the type and quantity of chocolate and strawberry filling, as well as any additional toppings or decorations added to the waffle.
It’s important to note that these estimates are general guidelines and can vary depending on individual variations in ingredient choices and portion sizes. If you’re looking for a more accurate calculation of the calorie content, it’s recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used in your recipe.
Remember that indulgent treats like strawberry chocolate Dutch waffles are best enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Peanut tiramisu recipe
- Peanut pasta recipe
- Peanut Sauce Chicken Recipe
- Peanut cake recipe
- Peanut sticky rice cake recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Strawberry chocolate Dutch waffle, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!😁😁😁