Simple Seaweed Soup Recipe: Nourishing Korean Comfort Food
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Seaweed Porridge
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Rich in essential minerals like iodine, calcium, and iron
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Contains vitamins such as vitamin K and vitamin B12
- Low in calories and fat
- Suitable for a nutritious breakfast or a light meal
- Ideal for those looking for a healthy and low-calorie option
- Can be enjoyed by individuals on vegetarian or vegan diets
- Main ingredient: Wakame seaweed (miyeok)
- Additional ingredients: Rice, water or broth, salt
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Miyeokguk (seaweed soup) is a traditional Korean dish enjoyed on birthdays and after childbirth.
- It is considered a staple food in Korean cuisine, known for its nourishing and comforting qualities.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in water to rehydrate before cooking.
- Use a pot or rice cooker to prepare the porridge.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more or less water, depending on personal preference.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Often paired with side dishes like kimchi or pickled vegetables for a balanced meal.
- Enjoyed with a bowl of steamed rice or a bowl of soup for a complete Korean-style meal.
- Can be served with a cup of warm tea or a refreshing glass of iced tea.
Please note that this is a brief summary of the requested information, and more detailed explanations can be provided if needed.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Seaweed soup recipe and tips
Seaweed soup, also known as miyeokguk, is a traditional Korean dish that is enjoyed for its rich flavor and health benefits. Here’s a recipe and some tips to help you prepare delicious seaweed soup at home:
- 1 cup dried wakame seaweed (miyeok)
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: thinly sliced beef or tofu, chopped green onions for garnish
- Rinse the dried wakame seaweed under cold water to remove any impurities. Soak the seaweed in water for about 30 minutes until it becomes soft and expands.
- Drain the seaweed and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pot over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the soaked seaweed to the pot and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Pour water or vegetable broth into the pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, add thinly sliced beef or tofu to the soup and cook until they are fully cooked through.
- Season the soup with soy sauce, salt, and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve the seaweed soup hot, garnished with chopped green onions if desired.
- Adjust the amount of water or broth based on your preference for a thicker or thinner soup.
- You can add other vegetables like mushrooms or carrots to enhance the flavor and nutritional value.
- For a heartier version, you can add cooked rice to the soup.
- The soup tastes even better the next day, so it’s a great option for leftovers.
- Enjoy the soup as a main dish or as part of a Korean meal with rice and side dishes.
Remember to personalize the recipe based on your taste preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy your homemade seaweed soup!
Calories of Seaweed Porridge
The calorie content of seaweed porridge can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. On average, a serving of seaweed porridge (approximately 1 cup or 245 grams) contains around 150-200 calories. However, it’s important to note that calorie content can differ based on factors such as the type and amount of seaweed used, additional ingredients like meat or tofu, and the cooking method. If you have a specific recipe in mind, I can provide a more accurate calorie estimate for that particular preparation.
- Seaweed porridge is a comforting and nourishing dish.
- It has a unique texture and appearance due to the presence of seaweed.
- The flavors are savory, with a hint of natural saltiness from the seaweed.
- The taste of seaweed porridge is mild and delicate.
- It has a subtle umami flavor that complements the overall savory profile.
- The combination of seaweed and other ingredients creates a balanced and satisfying taste.
- The porridge is smooth and creamy, providing a pleasant mouthfeel.
Please note that taste preferences may vary among individuals, and these evaluations are based on general observations and opinions.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Seaweed soup recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥