Fresh Shrimp Tomato Salad
I’m going to show you a recipe for shrimp tomato salad that you can make at home!
About Shrimp Tomato Salad
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Shrimp tomato salad is a nutritious dish that offers several health benefits. Shrimp is a good source of lean protein, vitamins, and minerals. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and lycopene, which is beneficial for heart health.
- Shrimp tomato salad is a light and refreshing option for a meal. It can be enjoyed as a main course or served as a side dish alongside grilled meats or pasta.
- The main ingredients for shrimp tomato salad typically include cooked shrimp, fresh tomatoes, mixed greens, onions, herbs (such as basil or parsley), olive oil, vinegar (such as balsamic or red wine vinegar), salt, and pepper.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Shrimp tomato salad is a popular dish in various cuisines around the world, particularly in Mediterranean and Latin American cuisines. It showcases the use of fresh ingredients and emphasizes the flavors of shrimp and tomatoes.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When preparing shrimp tomato salad at home, ensure that the shrimp is properly cooked and cooled before combining it with the other ingredients. Use a sharp knife to slice the tomatoes and onions evenly. A mixing bowl, knife, cutting board, and serving plate are the basic equipment needed.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Shrimp tomato salad pairs well with a variety of foods and beverages. It complements grilled meats, pasta dishes, or can be enjoyed on its own as a light and refreshing meal. For beverages, options like a crisp white wine, sparkling water, or a citrus-infused iced tea can be great choices to accompany the salad.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Shrimp Tomato Salad
Recipe and Tips
- 1 pound of cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked shrimp, cherry tomatoes, red onion, mixed salad greens, and chopped basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve the shrimp tomato salad on a platter or individual plates.
- For the shrimp, you can use either fresh or frozen shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, thaw them thoroughly before cooking.
- To cook the shrimp, you can boil them in salted water for a few minutes until they turn pink and opaque. Alternatively, you can sauté them in a pan with a little olive oil for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- If you prefer a milder onion flavor, you can soak the sliced red onion in cold water for about 10 minutes before adding it to the salad.
- Feel free to customize the salad by adding other vegetables like cucumber, avocado, or bell peppers.
- The salad can be prepared in advance, but it’s best to add the dressing just before serving to keep the salad fresh and crisp.
Enjoy your shrimp tomato salad!
Shrimp Tomato Salad Calories
The calorie content of shrimp tomato salad can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portions used. However, as a general estimation, a serving of shrimp tomato salad (about 1 cup) typically ranges between 150-200 calories. It’s important to note that this is an approximate value and can vary based on factors such as the size of shrimp, amount of dressing used, and any additional ingredients added to the salad.
- The shrimp tomato salad is visually appealing with vibrant colors.
- The combination of shrimp and tomatoes creates a refreshing and summery dish.
- The salad has a light and crisp texture.
- The shrimp adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the salad.
- The tomatoes provide a juicy and tangy element, balancing the dish.
- The dressing enhances the overall taste, bringing a subtle tanginess or creaminess depending on the chosen dressing.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
♥Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!♥