Shrimp Gyeran Jjim (Korean Steamed Egg) Recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for steamed shrimp eggs that you can make at home!
About Steamed Shrimp Eggs
Healt al Information:
- Shrimp egg jjim (steamed) is a nutritious dish that provides a good balance of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Shrimp is a lean source of protein and contains essential amino acids.
- Eggs are rich in protein, vitamins A, B12, and D, as well as minerals like iron and selenium.
- Vegetables can be added to enhance the nutritional value of the dish.
- Shrimp egg jjim is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- It makes a nutritious and satisfying meal on its own or can be paired with steamed rice or noodles.
- Shrimp: Provides protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eggs: Adds protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
- Vegetables: Can include various options like carrots, bell peppers, and green onions for added nutrients and flavor.
- Seasonings: Garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and spices can be used to enhance the taste.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Shrimp egg jjim is a popular Korean dish that has a long history in Korean cuisine.
- It is often enjoyed as a home-cooked meal or served in traditional Korean restaurants.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make shrimp egg jjim at home, you will need a steamer or a deep pan with a lid to steam the dish.
- Ensure the shrimp and eggs are cooked thoroughly but not overcooked to retain their tenderness and flavors.
- Experiment with different vegetables and seasonings to personalize the dish to your taste preferences.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Shrimp egg jjim pairs well with steamed rice or noodles as a complete meal.
- It can be complemented with a side of kimchi or other pickled vegetables for added flavor and variety.
- As for beverages, it can be enjoyed with a refreshing iced tea, a light white wine, or even a cold beer, depending on personal preferences.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Recipe and Tips for Steamed Shrimp Eggs
- 200 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with water, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the shrimp evenly on the bottom of a heatproof dish or a steamer basket.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture over the shrimp, making sure the shrimp are well-coated.
- Place the dish or steamer basket in a steamer over high heat.
- Steam for about 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Carefully remove the dish or steamer basket from the steamer and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the steamed shrimp eggs hot with steamed rice or as a side dish.
- Make sure to properly clean and devein the shrimp before using them in the recipe.
- You can add other vegetables like sliced bell peppers or mushrooms for added flavor and texture.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences by adding more or less soy sauce, garlic, or spices.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp and eggs to avoid them becoming rubbery.
- Garnish the dish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds for added visual appeal.
- Steamer: Use a steamer basket or a heatproof dish that fits inside a steamer.
- Mixing Bowl: To beat the eggs and mix the seasonings.
- Heatproof Dish: If using a dish, make sure it is suitable for steaming and can withstand high heat.
Enjoy your delicious steamed shrimp eggs as a nutritious and flavorful dish!
Calories of steamed shrimp eggs
The calorie content of steamed shrimp eggs can vary depending on the specific quantities of ingredients used. However, here’s an approximate estimation of the calorie content:
- 200 grams of shrimp: Approximately 140 calories
- 3 eggs: Approximately 210 calories
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce: Approximately 10-15 calories
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil: Approximately 120 calories
- Minced garlic: Negligible calories
- Salt and pepper: Negligible calories
- Chopped green onions: Negligible calories
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the brands and specific ingredients used. To get a more accurate calculation, it’s recommended to input the exact quantities of ingredients into a reliable calorie-tracking app or consult a registered dietitian.
- Steamed shrimp eggs are a delicate and flavorful dish.
- The combination of shrimp and eggs creates a harmonious blend of textures and flavors.
- The dish has a visually appealing appearance with the vibrant colors of the shrimp and eggs.
- The shrimp adds a subtle sweetness and a hint of seafood flavor to the dish.
- The eggs provide a creamy and soft texture that pairs well with the tender shrimp.
- The overall taste is savory and satisfying, with a mild umami flavor.
- The dish is well-balanced in terms of seasoning, allowing the natural flavors of the shrimp and eggs to shine.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
♥Recipe for steamed shrimp eggs, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!♥