Easy Homemade Shrimp Gambas Recipe
I’m going to show you a recipe for shrimp gambas that you can make and eat at home!
About Shrimp Gambas
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Shrimp Gambas is a dish rich in protein, as shrimp is a good source of lean protein.
- Shrimp also provides essential nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- However, it is important to note that the overall nutritional profile can vary depending on the specific recipe and cooking method used.
- Keep in mind that Gambas is often cooked with olive oil, which adds healthy monounsaturated fats to the dish.
- It is advisable to control portion sizes and moderation in consumption, especially if you are watching your calorie intake or have specific dietary restrictions.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
- Shrimp Gambas is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or served as an appetizer.
- It pairs well with crusty bread or rice, which helps to soak up the flavorful sauce.
- The dish typically includes ingredients such as shrimp, garlic, olive oil, chili peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and herbs like parsley or cilantro.
- The combination of these ingredients creates a harmonious blend of flavors with a hint of heat and tanginess.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Shrimp Gambas has its origins in Spanish cuisine, specifically in the coastal regions of Spain.
- The dish is influenced by the Mediterranean flavors and cooking techniques.
- Gambas al ajillo, which means “garlic shrimp,” is a popular variation of Shrimp Gambas and is often associated with Spanish tapas culture.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make Shrimp Gambas at home, it is recommended to use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- A non-stick skillet or sauté pan works well for cooking the shrimp and creating the sauce.
- Preparing the ingredients in advance and having them ready before starting the cooking process helps ensure a smooth and efficient cooking experience.
- Adjust the amount of garlic and chili peppers according to your taste preferences for the desired level of spiciness.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Shrimp Gambas pairs well with a variety of food and beverages.
- It can be served as an appetizer alongside a refreshing salad or a selection of tapas.
- For a complete meal, enjoy it with crusty bread, steamed rice, or even pasta.
- As for beverages, a chilled white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño complements the flavors of the dish. Alternatively, you can pair it with a light and crisp beer or a citrusy cocktail for a refreshing combination.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Shrimp Recipe and Tips
- 1 pound (450 grams) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp and stir to coat them evenly. Cook for an additional minute to let the flavors meld together.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish the shrimp with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Garlic Butter Shrimp hot as an appetizer or main course. You can also serve it with rice, pasta, or crusty bread for a complete meal.
- Choose fresh and high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- Adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the shrimp. Larger shrimp may require slightly longer cooking.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp to prevent them from becoming tough and rubbery. Cook them just until they turn pink and opaque.
- Feel free to customize the seasoning by adding herbs or spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, or Italian seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- If you prefer a spicier version, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the butter and garlic mixture.
- For extra richness, you can add a splash of white wine or chicken broth to the skillet before adding the shrimp.
- Serve the Garlic Butter Shrimp immediately for the best taste and texture.
Enjoy your delicious Shrimp Gambas!
Calories of Shrimp Gambas
The calorie content of shrimp gambas can vary depending on the specific ingredients and cooking method used. However, I can provide you with an approximate calorie estimate based on a general recipe:
The following calorie information is based on a serving size of approximately 4 ounces (113 grams) of shrimp gambas:
- Shrimp (4 ounces): Approximately 100-120 calories
- Butter (4 tablespoons): Approximately 400-500 calories
- Garlic (4 cloves): Approximately 20-25 calories
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon): Approximately 4 calories
- Additional ingredients such as herbs, spices, and vegetables: Negligible calories
Please note that these calorie estimates are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands or ingredients used, as well as any variations in the recipe. It’s always a good idea to calculate the exact calorie content based on the specific brands and amounts of ingredients you use, especially if you have specific dietary requirements or are following a calorie-controlled diet.
- Shrimp gambas presents an appetizing and visually appealing dish with plump and succulent shrimp cooked in a flavorful sauce.
- The aroma of garlic, butter, and herbs fills the air, creating a mouthwatering anticipation.
- The presentation of the dish, often served in a sizzling skillet or on a vibrant plate, adds to its appeal.
- The shrimp is cooked to perfection, tender and juicy, with a delicate sweetness.
- The combination of garlic and butter creates a rich and savory flavor that coats each shrimp.
- The sauce, infused with garlic, has a delectable balance of richness and tanginess from the lemon juice.
- The herbs and spices add depth and complexity, enhancing the overall taste profile.
- The dish offers a delightful contrast of textures, with the tender shrimp and the silky sauce.
- The flavors meld together harmoniously, creating a delicious blend that satisfies the palate.
- Depending on the recipe, shrimp gambas can have a mild to moderate level of spiciness, adding a pleasant kick to the dish.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
♥Shrimp Gambas Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!♥