Spice Up Your Palate: Shrimp Curry Recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for shrimp curry that you can make at home!
About Shrimp Curry
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Shrimp curry is a nutritious dish that provides a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Shrimp is low in calories and fat, making it a healthier protein option.
- The curry sauce typically contains spices like turmeric, ginger, and garlic, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Shrimp curry is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
- It pairs well with steamed rice or naan bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
- The main ingredients for shrimp curry include shrimp, curry powder or paste, coconut milk, onions, garlic, ginger, and various spices and herbs.
- Additional ingredients can be added, such as vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, peas, or spinach) for added nutrition and flavor.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Curry is a popular dish that originated in South Asia, particularly in India, and has since spread to different parts of the world.
- It has become a staple in many cuisines, including Indian, Thai, and Malaysian, each with its own variations and flavors.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making shrimp curry at home, it’s best to use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- You will need a large skillet or a saucepan to cook the curry and a wooden spoon or spatula for stirring.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Shrimp curry pairs well with steamed rice, naan bread, or roti for a complete meal.
- It can also be served with a side of yogurt or raita to balance the spiciness.
- As for beverages, it goes well with refreshing drinks like mango lassi, iced tea, or even a light beer.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Calories of Shrimp Curry
- 1 pound (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can (14 ounces/400ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped cilantro or fresh lime juice for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the onion mixture and stir well to coat the ingredients.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until they start to turn pink.
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth, stirring gently to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Serve the shrimp curry over steamed rice or with naan bread.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
- You can customize the curry by adding vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or peas. Simply sauté them with the onions before adding the shrimp.
- For a spicier curry, add chili flakes or fresh chili peppers according to your heat preference.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice adds a refreshing tanginess to the curry and balances the flavors.
- If you prefer a creamier curry, use full-fat coconut milk or add a tablespoon of coconut cream.
- Adjust the thickness of the curry by adding more or less broth depending on your preference.
Enjoy your homemade shrimp curry!
Calories of Shrimp Curry
The number of calories in shrimp curry can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. On average, a serving of shrimp curry (approximately 1 cup) can range from 200 to 400 calories. However, it’s important to note that this is just an estimate and can vary based on factors such as the type and amount of oil used, the specific brand of curry powder, and any additional ingredients or garnishes added. If you have a specific recipe in mind, I can provide a more accurate calorie estimate for that particular dish.
- Shrimp curry is a flavorful and aromatic dish.
- The combination of tender shrimp and rich curry sauce creates a delightful experience.
- The vibrant colors and fragrant spices make shrimp curry visually appealin
- The shrimp adds a delicate seafood flavor to the curry, complementing the spices.
- The curry sauce is creamy, with a perfect balance of savory, spicy, and tangy flavors.
- The dish offers a satisfying blend of textures, with succulent shrimp and tender vegetables.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
♥Shrimp curry recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!♥