Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken
This dish presents a convenient and flavorsome option with sheet-pan cashew chicken. Not only is it a balanced meal, but it also offers the wholesome goodness of lean protein and vibrant vegetables.
For a satisfying meal, relish the Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken along with steamed jasmine rice or quinoa. The melding of succulent chicken, crunchy cashews, and vibrant vegetables creates a harmonious and nutritious feast.
Cultural and Global Context:
Cashew chicken is a popular dish that originated in Chinese-American cuisine, particularly associated with the city of Springfield, Missouri. It showcases the combination of tender chicken, cashews, and vegetables in a savory sauce. This version, prepared on a sheet pan, offers a contemporary twist on the traditional stir-fried dish.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To enhance the dish’s crispiness, ensure the chicken pieces and vegetables are spread in a single layer on the sheet pan. This encourages even cooking and prevents overcrowding.
A standard sheet pan is sufficient for this recipe. If desired, you can line the pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
Matching with Food and Drinks:
Pair the Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken with a side of stir-fried or steamed vegetables to amplify the nutritional value. As for beverages, consider serving with a light and refreshing green tea or a citrus-infused water to complement the dish’s balanced flavors.
The cost of ingredients for Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken can vary based on factors such as the type of chicken used, the availability of cashews, and the choice of vegetables. Chicken and cashews are typically moderate-priced ingredients that can be purchased from most grocery stores.
Indulge in the practicality and flavor of Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken, a dish that marries the convenience of one-pan cooking with the richness of chicken and cashews.
Cooking time, Recipe and Tips, Storage and Shelf Life
The cooking time for Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken can vary based on the size of the chicken pieces and the specific oven temperature used. On average, it takes about 20 to 25 minutes to cook the chicken and vegetables in a preheated oven at around 400°F (200°C).
Recipe and Tips:
- Chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, broccoli, and snap peas)
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame oil
- Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes for heat
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, cornstarch, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the marinade until well coated. Allow to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the marinated chicken, mixed vegetables, and cashews on a sheet pan in an even layer, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- If desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Cut the chicken and vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- If you prefer extra-crispy cashews, you can toast them separately in a dry skillet before adding to the sheet pan.
- Don’t over-marinate the chicken, as the acidity in the marinade can affect the texture.
- For a burst of freshness, squeeze a bit of lime juice over the dish before serving.
Storage and Shelf Life:
Leftover Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or oven. However, keep in mind that reheating may affect the crispiness of the cashews and the texture of the vegetables. It’s best enjoyed fresh from the oven.
How many calories?
The number of calories in Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken can vary based on the specific quantities of ingredients used and the portion size. Here’s a rough estimate of the calorie content for each main ingredient commonly used in this dish:
- Chicken breast (per 4 oz): Approximately 120-150 calories.
- Mixed vegetables (per 1 cup): Approximately 25-50 calories.
- Cashews (per 1 oz or about 18-20 nuts): Approximately 150-160 calories.
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon): Approximately 10-15 calories.
- Hoisin sauce (1 tablespoon): Approximately 30-40 calories.
- Sesame oil (1 teaspoon): Approximately 40-45 calories.
- Garlic (1 clove): Approximately 5 calories.
- Cornstarch (1 teaspoon): Approximately 5 calories.
- Optional ingredients (red pepper flakes, lime juice): Negligible calorie contribution.
Keep in mind that these estimates are approximate and can vary based on factors like the specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To calculate the total calorie content for your specific recipe, you’ll need to determine the portion size of the sheet-pan cashew chicken you’re serving and account for the calories from each ingredient used. You can then add up the calorie values for each component based on the estimates provided above.
For a more precise calorie count, it’s recommended to use a nutrition calculator or app that allows you to input the exact quantities of each ingredient used in your recipe. This will provide you with a more accurate measurement of the calorie content per serving.
Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken presents a visually appealing dish with a vibrant array of colors and textures. The sight of succulent chicken, crunchy cashews, and an assortment of vegetables on a single sheet pan is inviting and promising. The minimalistic yet wholesome presentation reflects the modern approach to convenient and nutritious cooking.
With the first bite of Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken, a symphony of flavors unfolds. The tender chicken, coated in a savory marinade, offers a delightful foundation. The contrast between the buttery cashews and the crisp vegetables adds layers of texture to each mouthful.
The interplay of the soy sauce and hoisin sauce infuses the dish with umami richness, while the sesame oil imparts a subtle nuttiness. The garlic, carefully balanced, lends a gentle aromatic touch that elevates the ensemble.
The mingling of flavors is a journey of savory satisfaction, heightened by the delicate sweetness of the hoisin sauce. The nuttiness of the cashews complements the tender chicken, creating a balance that is both comforting and satisfying.
The vegetables, roasted to perfection, retain their natural essence while absorbing the flavors of the marinade. Each bite offers a harmonious combination of savory, earthy, and nutty notes.
In conclusion, Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken is a testament to the fusion of convenience and flavor. The marriage of ingredients and the seamless one-pan cooking process result in a dish that tantalizes the taste buds and offers a harmonious dining experience, embodying the essence of modern culinary creativity.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥