Secret Peanut Cracker Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Crackers
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut crackers are a popular snack that can provide some health benefits. They are typically made with peanuts, which are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and various vitamins and minerals. Peanuts contain monounsaturated fats that can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. They also contain fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness. However, it’s important to note that peanut crackers often contain added salt and other flavorings, so moderation is key to avoid excessive sodium intake.
Peanut crackers can be enjoyed as a tasty and satisfying snack between meals or as part of a balanced diet. They can be paired with fruits or vegetables for a nutritious and filling snack option. Additionally, they can be included in packed lunches or enjoyed as a part of a picnic or hiking trip.
Peanut crackers are typically made with ingredients such as peanuts, flour, oil, salt, and various seasonings. The exact recipe may vary depending on personal preferences and regional variations. Some recipes may also include additional ingredients like sugar, spices, or herbs to enhance the flavor.
Historical and Cultural Background:
The history of peanut crackers can be traced back to different cultures around the world. Peanuts, which are native to South America, have been cultivated and consumed for thousands of years. Over time, they have become a staple ingredient in various cuisines, including Asian, African, and American. Peanut crackers have gained popularity as a convenient and flavorful snack option enjoyed by people of different cultures.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Recommendations:
If you’re interested in making peanut crackers at home, here are some tips to consider. Start by roasting the peanuts to enhance their flavor. You can then mix them with flour, oil, and seasonings to create a dough. Roll out the dough, cut it into cracker shapes, and bake them until crispy. You may need basic baking equipment like a baking sheet, rolling pin, and cookie cutters to shape the crackers. Experiment with different seasonings and flavors to personalize your homemade peanut crackers.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut crackers can be paired with a variety of food and beverages to create delicious combinations. They can be served with cheese or dips like hummus or salsa for added flavor. Peanut crackers also go well with beverages such as tea, coffee, or even a glass of milk. The crunchy texture of the crackers complements the creamy or savory elements of other foods, making them a versatile snack option.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut cracker recipes and tips
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Water (as needed)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the roasted peanuts until they are finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, and paprika (if using).
- Add the vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, a tablespoon at a time, while mixing, until the dough comes together. It should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead it gently for a minute or two.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut the dough into desired cracker shapes.
- Carefully transfer the cut crackers onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small gap between each one.
- Bake the crackers in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Once done, remove the crackers from the oven and allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Tips for making peanut crackers:
- Experiment with different seasonings and spices to add flavor to your crackers. You can try adding herbs like rosemary or thyme, or spices like cayenne pepper or smoked paprika.
- For extra crunch, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top of the crackers before baking.
- Make sure to roast the peanuts before using them in the recipe. This enhances their flavor and adds a delicious nuttiness to the crackers.
- Adjust the thickness of the dough according to your preference. Thinner crackers will be crispier, while thicker ones will have a slightly softer texture.
- If you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can use the rim of a glass or simply cut the dough into squares or rectangles.
- Store the peanut crackers in an airtight container to maintain their crispness. They should last for a couple of weeks at room temperature.
Enjoy your homemade peanut crackers!
Peanut cracker calories
The calorie content of peanut crackers can vary depending on the brand and specific recipe. On average, a serving of peanut crackers (about 1 ounce or 28 grams) contains approximately 130-150 calories. However, it’s important to note that these values are approximate and can differ based on the ingredients and preparation method used. Additionally, if the peanut crackers are coated with additional flavorings or toppings, the calorie content may be higher. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition label or calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in your homemade peanut crackers for a more accurate estimation.
- Crunchy and satisfying snack option
- Convenient and portable for on-the-go snacking
- Versatile and can be enjoyed in various settings
- Savory and nutty flavor
- The peanuts add a rich and distinct taste
- Balanced saltiness that enhances the overall flavor
- Crisp texture that adds to the enjoyment of the snack
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!, Peanut cracker recipe
Peanut cracker recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥