Savory Sweet Pumpkin Shrimp Stew Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Sweet Pumpkin Shrimp Stew
Health and Nutritional Information:
The pumpkin shrimp stew is a flavorful and nutritious dish. Here are some health and nutritional aspects:
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber, which promotes digestive health.
- Shrimp is a lean source of protein and provides essential minerals such as selenium and iodine.
- The stew is low in fat and can be a good source of antioxidants and vitamins from other ingredients like vegetables and herbs.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
The pumpkin shrimp stew can be enjoyed as a hearty main course. To make this dish, you’ll need ingredients such as pumpkin, shrimp, onion, garlic, tomatoes, vegetable broth, spices (such as paprika, cumin, and chili powder), and fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
History and Cultural Background:
The specific history or cultural background of pumpkin shrimp stew may vary. However, shrimp-based stews and soups are popular in various culinary traditions around the world, including coastal regions where seafood is abundant.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
Here are some homemade tips and equipment recommendations for preparing the dish:
- Use fresh, quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- To enhance the taste, consider sautéing the onions and garlic before adding the other ingredients.
- A large pot or Dutch oven will be suitable for cooking the stew, allowing enough space for all the ingredients to simmer together.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
The pumpkin shrimp stew pairs well with various side dishes and beverages. It can be served with crusty bread or rice to soak up the flavorful broth. As for beverages, a light white wine or a refreshing citrus-based drink can complement the flavors of the dish.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin shrimp stew recipe and tips
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Optional: a splash of heavy cream for added richness
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until they become soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, paprika, cumin, and chili powder to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, add a splash of heavy cream to the stew for added richness and creaminess. Stir well.
- Serve the sweet pumpkin shrimp stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro.
- You can adjust the spice level by adding more or less chili powder according to your preference.
- For a thicker stew, you can reduce the amount of vegetable broth or simmer it for a longer period.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use an immersion blender or transfer a portion of the stew to a blender, blend until smooth, and then return it to the pot.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables like bell peppers or spinach for added flavor and nutrition.
- Serve the stew with crusty bread or rice to soak up the delicious flavors.
Enjoy your homemade sweet pumpkin shrimp stew!
Sweet pumpkin shrimp stew calories
The calorie count for a sweet pumpkin shrimp stew can vary depending on the specific quantities and ingredients used. Here’s an estimate of the calorie content for the main ingredients:
- Shrimp: Approximately 90-100 calories per 3 ounces (cooked).
- Pumpkin puree: Approximately 40-50 calories per 1/2 cup.
- Onion: Approximately 40-50 calories per medium-sized onion.
- Garlic: Approximately 5-10 calories per clove.
- Diced tomatoes: Approximately 20-30 calories per 1/2 cup.
- Vegetable broth: Approximately 10-20 calories per cup.
- Spices and seasonings: Negligible calorie content.
- Optional heavy cream: Approximately 50-60 calories per tablespoon.
To calculate the total calorie count of your sweet pumpkin shrimp stew, you would need to add up the calories from the specific quantities of these ingredients used in your recipe.
Please note that the provided calorie estimates are general and may vary based on the specific brands and ingredients used in your preparation of the sweet pumpkin shrimp stew. If you require a more accurate calorie count, it is recommended to input the specific quantities and ingredients used into a nutrition calculator or consult a registered dietitian who can provide personalized information based on your recipe and ingredient measurements.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Sweet pumpkin shrimp stew recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥