Savory Boiled Beef and Egg Noodles Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Boiled Beef Noodles with Eggs
Health and Nutritional Information:
Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup is a hearty and flavorful dish. It typically consists of tender boiled eggs, slices of beef, vegetables, and noodles served in a savory broth. This dish is rich in protein from the beef and eggs, and the vegetables provide essential vitamins and minerals. However, the soup’s nutritional content can vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used. It’s generally a balanced meal but may contain higher sodium levels from the broth and seasoning.
Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup is an excellent choice for a comforting and filling meal, especially during colder weather. It can be enjoyed as a wholesome lunch or dinner option. The combination of protein, vegetables, and noodles makes it a satisfying and complete meal on its own. However, it’s essential to be mindful of portion sizes, particularly if you are watching your calorie or sodium intake.
The main ingredients for Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup include boiled eggs, thinly sliced beef, noodles (commonly rice noodles or wheat noodles), vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, and bok choy, and a flavorful broth made from beef or vegetable stock. Additional seasoning like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and green onions are often used to enhance the soup’s taste.
History and Cultural Background:
Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup has roots in various Asian cuisines, with regional variations across countries like China, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. Each culture adds its unique touch to the dish, resulting in diverse flavors and ingredients. It is often considered a comforting and soul-soothing meal, cherished by locals and appreciated by food enthusiasts worldwide.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make a delicious homemade Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup, you can enhance the broth’s flavor by simmering beef bones and aromatics for an extended period. This will result in a rich and hearty base for the soup. Additionally, you can adjust the ingredients and seasonings according to your taste preferences.
For equipment, you will need a large pot to cook the broth, a strainer to remove bones and impurities, and bowls for serving the soup.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup pairs well with refreshing beverages like iced tea or cold beer. The soup’s savory flavors and tender beef complement the mild sweetness of iced tea, while the carbonation in beer can cleanse the palate between spoonfuls. For a complete meal, you can serve the soup with a side of fresh Asian greens or a light salad.
In conclusion, Boiled Egg and Beef Noodle Soup is a nourishing and flavorful dish with cultural significance in various Asian cuisines. It offers a balanced combination of protein, vegetables, and noodles, making it a satisfying meal option. With some homemade touches and suitable equipment, you can create a delightful version of this comforting soup in your own kitchen. Enjoy it with a refreshing beverage for a delightful dining experience.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Egg Boiled Beef Noodles Recipe and Tips
Egg Boiled Beef Noodles Recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- 200g beef (sirloin or ribeye), thinly sliced
- 150g dried rice noodles or wheat noodles
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 baby bok choy, chopped
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: sliced green onions, cilantro, and chili flakes
- Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the eggs for about 7 minutes for a slightly soft yolk or 9 minutes for a firmer yolk.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Peel the eggs after they have cooled.
- Cook the Beef:
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced beef to the pan and cook for a few minutes until browned and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the Noodles and Vegetables:
- Cook the rice noodles or wheat noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot of boiling water, blanch the julienned carrots, sliced mushrooms, and chopped bok choy for a minute or until they are tender-crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Assemble the Egg Boiled Beef Noodles:
- In a large pot, bring the beef or vegetable broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the cooked noodles, blanched vegetables, and cooked beef to the pot.
- Stir in the soy sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Let the soup simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Ladle the Egg Boiled Beef Noodles soup into serving bowls.
- Slice the boiled eggs in half and place them on top of the soup.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, cilantro, and chili flakes if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- For a deeper and more flavorful broth, you can simmer beef bones, onions, and other aromatics for a few hours to create a homemade beef broth.
- Customize the vegetables and add-ins to your preference. You can include bean sprouts, baby corn, or bamboo shoots for added texture and taste.
- Adjust the level of spiciness by adding chili flakes or chili oil if you prefer a kick of heat.
- To save time, you can use store-bought pre-cooked eggs or marinated beef slices.
Enjoy your delicious Egg Boiled Beef Noodles with its rich broth, tender beef, and perfectly boiled eggs for a comforting and satisfying meal!
Eggs Boiled Beef Noodles Calories
The calorie content of Eggs Boiled Beef Noodles can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion size used in the recipe. However, I can provide you with a rough estimation of the calories in this dish.
On average, a serving of Eggs Boiled Beef Noodles (including the noodles, beef, vegetables, and eggs) can contain approximately 400 to 600 calories. The exact calorie count will depend on factors such as the type and amount of noodles used, the quantity of beef and vegetables, and the cooking methods and seasonings.
It’s essential to keep in mind that this is a general estimation, and the actual calorie content may vary. If you are concerned about calorie intake or have specific dietary requirements, it’s best to calculate the exact calorie count based on your recipe and ingredient measurements or consult a registered dietitian for personalized advice.
The Boiled Egg and Beef Noodles dish presents a comforting and inviting appearance with its rich and flavorful broth, tender slices of beef, and perfectly boiled eggs. The colorful assortment of vegetables adds a delightful touch, promising a wholesome and satisfying meal.
Upon tasting Boiled Egg and Beef Noodles, the first impression is a burst of umami flavors from the savory broth and tender beef slices. The boiled eggs add a creamy and indulgent element to the dish. The noodles are perfectly cooked, offering a delightful chewy texture. The blend of garlic, ginger, and soy sauce enhances the overall taste, making it a truly comforting and heartwarming experience. The combination of protein, vegetables, and noodles creates a balanced and fulfilling meal that leaves a lasting impression.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Egg Boiled Beef Noodles Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥