Caramel Mascarpone Cream: Salted Caramel Tiramisu Recipe
Hello! I’m going to show you a recipe for tiramisu that you can make at home!
About Salted Caramel Tiramisu
Health and Nutritional Information:
- The health and nutritional information of Salted Caramel Tiramisu will vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, it generally contains ingredients such as ladyfinger cookies, mascarpone cheese, caramel sauce, and salt. Ladyfinger cookies are a source of carbohydrates, while mascarpone cheese provides fat and protein. Caramel sauce contributes to the sweetness and flavor of the dessert. It is important to consume Salted Caramel Tiramisu in moderation as it can be high in calories, sugar, and saturated fat.
- Salted Caramel Tiramisu is a decadent dessert that is best enjoyed as a treat or a special indulgence. It can be served after a meal as a delightful way to end the dining experience.
- Ladyfinger cookies, mascarpone cheese, caramel sauce, salt, espresso or coffee, cocoa powder (for garnish)
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Salted Caramel Tiramisu is a variation of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu. The addition of salted caramel brings a unique twist to the traditional recipe, adding a contrasting flavor of sweetness and saltiness. While Tiramisu originated in Italy, the specific history and cultural background of Salted Caramel Tiramisu may vary as it is a more modern variation of the original dessert.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make Salted Caramel Tiramisu at home, you will need a baking dish or individual serving glasses for layering the dessert. It is important to have all the ingredients prepared and at room temperature before assembling the dessert. Homemade caramel sauce can be made by melting sugar and adding butter, cream, and salt. It is recommended to allow the tiramisu to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together and the dessert to set properly.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Salted Caramel Tiramisu pairs well with a variety of beverages such as coffee, espresso, or a shot of amaretto liqueur. The rich flavors of the dessert complement the bold and aromatic flavors of coffee-based drinks. The combination creates a harmonious balance of flavors for a delightful dining experience.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Salted Caramel Tiramisu Recipe and Tips
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, sugar, salted caramel sauce, and salt. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the cooled espresso or coffee, making sure to coat both sides. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a baking dish or individual serving glasses.
- Spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers. Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of the mascarpone mixture on top.
- Cover the dish or glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together and the tiramisu to set.
- Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder and drizzle with additional salted caramel sauce.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Make sure the mascarpone cheese and heavy cream are at room temperature before mixing to ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use high-quality salted caramel sauce for the best flavor. You can make your own homemade caramel sauce or use store-bought.
- The tiramisu will taste even better after chilling for a longer time, so if possible, refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with some crushed salted caramel candies or chopped nuts for added texture and flavor.
Enjoy your delicious Salted Caramel Tiramisu!
Calories of Salted Caramel Tiramisu
The exact calorie count for Salted Caramel Tiramisu may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. However, on average, a serving of Salted Caramel Tiramisu can range from 250 to 350 calories per serving. It’s important to note that this is just an estimate, and the calorie content can vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used. If you want a more accurate calorie count, it’s recommended to calculate it based on the exact quantities and brands of ingredients you use in your recipe.
- The Salted Caramel Tiramisu is a delightful twist on the classic dessert.
- The combination of salted caramel and the traditional tiramisu flavors creates a unique and indulgent treat.
- The salted caramel adds a savory-sweet element that elevates the overall taste of the dessert.
- The flavors of rich mascarpone cheese, salted caramel, and espresso-infused ladyfinger cookies blend harmoniously.
- The sweetness of the caramel is balanced by a subtle hint of salt, creating a perfect flavor contrast.
- Each bite offers a creamy and velvety texture with a luscious caramel undertone.
- The touch of espresso adds depth to the dessert, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!