Recipe sweet potato brownies
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for a sweet potato brownie that you can make at home!
About the sweet potato brownie
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Sweet potato brownies as a healthier alternative
- Nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes
- Suitable for dessert or snack
- Ideal for healthier dessert options or dietary restrictions
- Main ingredient: sweet potatoes
- Additional ingredients: cocoa powder, eggs, sweeteners, flour, optional add-ins
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Creative twist on traditional brownies
- Growing popularity as a healthier dessert choice
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Importance of cooking sweet potatoes until soft
- Using a blender or food processor for smooth texture
- Adjusting sweeteners and fats based on preferences
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Pairing with milk, coffee, or herbal tea
- Complementary flavors with these beverages
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Sweet potato brownie recipe and tips
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup almond flour or flour of your choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, almond flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting them into squares.
- Make sure the sweet potatoes are cooked until soft for easy mashing.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your preference by adding more or less maple syrup.
- Feel free to add chopped nuts or dried fruits for additional texture and flavor.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Enjoy your delicious Sweet potato brownie!
Calories of Sweet Potato Brownie
The calorie content of sweet potato brownies can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. On average, a small square (about 1.5 inches) of sweet potato brownie can have around 100-150 calories. However, it’s important to note that the calorie content can differ based on the ingredients used and any additional toppings or mix-ins. To get a more accurate estimate of the calorie count, it’s recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific recipe and ingredients you use.
- The sweet potato brownie has a rich and moist texture that is truly indulgent.
- The combination of sweet potato and chocolate creates a unique and delicious flavor profile.
- The brownie has a slightly denser texture compared to traditional brownies, but it’s still incredibly satisfying.
- The sweet potato adds a subtle sweetness and a hint of earthiness to the brownie.
- The chocolate flavor is rich and decadent, perfectly complementing the sweetness of the sweet potato.
- The brownie is incredibly flavorful and has a delightful balance of sweetness.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The recipe for sweet potato brownies, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!