Everyone’s Favorite Lemon Basil Cookies Recipe
Hello! Good day!
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Lemon Basil Cookies
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Lemon basil cookies can be a delightful treat when enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- They are generally lower in calories compared to other types of cookies, especially if made with healthier substitutions such as whole wheat flour or reduced sugar.
- The nutritional content can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. It’s important to consider portion sizes and any modifications made to the original recipe.
- Lemon basil cookies can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert option.
- They pair well with a cup of herbal tea or a glass of cold milk.
- The main ingredients for lemon basil cookies typically include flour, butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, fresh basil leaves, and baking powder.
- Some variations may also include additional ingredients such as lemon juice, vanilla extract, or powdered sugar for decoration.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Lemon basil cookies do not have a specific historical or cultural background. They are a creative fusion of flavors, combining the bright and citrusy taste of lemon with the aromatic notes of basil. This unique combination appeals to those who enjoy experimenting with different flavors in their baked goods.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making homemade lemon basil cookies, you will need basic baking equipment such as mixing bowls, a mixer or whisk, a baking sheet, and an oven.
- Here are a few tips to enhance your homemade version:
- Use fresh lemon zest for a vibrant citrus flavor.
- Chop the basil leaves finely to evenly distribute their flavor throughout the cookies.
- Chill the cookie dough before baking to help the cookies retain their shape.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Lemon basil cookies pair well with a variety of beverages, such as:
- Herbal tea: Mint tea, chamomile tea, or lemon verbena tea.
- Citrus-based beverages: Lemonade, iced tea with lemon, or citrus-infused water.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Lemon Basil Cookie Recipe and Tips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until well combined, then mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped basil.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Leave some space between the cookies for spreading.
- Gently flatten each ball with the back of a spoon or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Dust the cooled cookies with powdered sugar for added sweetness and decoration.
- Enjoy your homemade lemon basil cookies!
Tips for Making Lemon Basil Cookies:
- Make sure the butter is softened but not melted for the best texture.
- Use fresh basil leaves for the most vibrant flavor. Finely chop them to ensure even distribution in the dough.
- Adjust the amount of lemon zest and juice according to your preference for a stronger or milder lemon flavor.
- Do not overmix the dough to prevent tough cookies. Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes before baking to help the cookies retain their shape.
- Experiment with different shapes using cookie cutters if desired.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Enjoy your homemade lemon basil cookies with their delightful citrus!
Calories of Lemon Basil Cookies
The calorie content of lemon basil cookies can vary based on the specific recipe and portion size. Here is an approximate estimate of the calories in one serving (one cookie) of lemon basil cookies:
- Average calorie range: 80-120 calories per cookie
Keep in mind that the exact calorie count may differ based on the ingredients used, such as the type of flour, butter, and sugar. Additionally, the size and thickness of the cookies will also affect the calorie content.
To get a more accurate estimation, you can calculate the calories by adding up the individual calorie amounts of the specific brands and measurements you use in your recipe.
- Delicate and aromatic appearance with flecks of green basil and specks of lemon zest.
- Uniform shape and size with a slightly golden brown color.
- Inviting and fresh scent of lemon and basil.
- The cookies have a buttery and crumbly texture.
- The lemon flavor is bright and zesty, providing a refreshing citrus kick.
- The basil adds a subtle herbal note that complements the lemon well.
- The balance between the tangy lemon and aromatic basil creates a unique and enjoyable flavor combination.
- The cookies are not overly sweet, allowing the natural flavors to shine through.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Recipe for lemon basil cookies, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥