Recipe for avocado potato salad
I’m going to show you a recipe for avocado potato salad that you can make at home!
About Avocado Potato Salad
Health and Nutrition Information:
Avocado potato salad is a healthy choice. Avocados provide healthy fats and dietary fiber, as well as nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. Potatoes supply carbohydrates and dietary fiber, along with nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B6, and magnesium.
Avocado potato salad is suitable for main meals or as a light meal. The combination of fresh avocado and tender potatoes offers a refreshing and creamy taste. Pairing the salad with fresh, crunchy vegetables enhances its nutritional value.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Avocado potato salad is a beloved dish enjoyed worldwide, often with variations influenced by different cultures. Avocado originates from Mexico and Central America, where it is widely used in their culinary traditions. Potatoes are a globally consumed crop, prepared and combined according to regional preferences.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Suggestions:
When boiling potatoes, it’s best to cut them into uniform-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
For avocados, choose ripe and fresh ones with a consistent and smooth texture when cutting into pieces.
A large bowl or salad bowl is useful for thoroughly mixing the salad ingredients.
When making a simple dressing, you can adjust the taste by combining ingredients like vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice to your liking.
Potatoes can be cooked by boiling or baking them in the oven until they become tender. Adjust the cooking time based on the size and cooking method of the potatoes.
To handle avocados, select fresh ones and store them until just before cutting to maintain their acidity. Also, learn how to remove the skin and pit before slicing the avocado.
When mixing the salad, gently toss or flip the ingredients to evenly distribute them. Avoid excessive force that may break the potatoes or mash the avocado.
Food and Beverage Pairing:
Avocado potato salad pairs well with light beverages, such as green tea, lemonade, or sparkling water. Choosing drinks with citrus or herbal flavors can enhance the fresh and tangy taste of the salad.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Avocado Potato Salad Recipe and Tips
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the boiled and cubed potatoes, diced avocado, red onion, cilantro, and cucumber.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the potato and avocado mixture and gently toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Choose potatoes that are firm and waxy, such as Yukon Gold or red potatoes, as they hold their shape well in salads.
- Make sure to cool the boiled potatoes completely before adding them to the salad to prevent the avocado from turning mushy.
- If you prefer a creamier texture, you can mash some of the avocado and mix it with the dressing before tossing it with the salad.
- Feel free to add additional ingredients like cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, or corn for added flavor and texture.
- Garnish the salad with extra cilantro leaves or a sprinkle of paprika for an extra touch of color and flavor.
Avocado potato salad calories. Calories
2 medium-sized potatoes: approximately 200 calories
1 ripe avocado: approximately 230-250 calories
Red onion (1/4 cup): approximately 15-20 calories
Fresh cilantro (1/4 cup): approximately 1-5 calories
Cucumber (1/4 cup): approximately 4-6 calories
Lime juice (juice of 1 lime): approximately 10-20 calories
Olive oil (2 tablespoons): approximately 240-260 calories
Please note that these calorie estimates are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used. It’s always a good idea to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and amounts you use in your recipe to get the most accurate estimate.
The Avocado Potato Salad is a refreshing and satisfying dish.
The combination of creamy avocado and tender potatoes creates a delightful texture.
The vibrant colors of the salad make it visually appealing.
The salad has a creamy and smooth flavor with a hint of tanginess from the lime juice.
The avocado adds a rich and buttery taste to the salad.
The potatoes provide a mild and earthy flavor, complementing the other ingredients well.
The fresh herbs and vegetables add a burst of freshness and crunch to each bite.
Please note that taste preferences may vary, and these descriptions are general impressions of the Avocado Potato Salad.
- Peanut cracker recipe
- Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut yogurt recipe
- Peanut sandwich recipe
- Peanut ramen recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Recipe for avocado potato salad, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!