Pumpkin Pie Recipe: Savoring the Flavors of Fall in Every Bite
I’m going to show you a recipe for a pumpkin pie that you can make at home!
About Pumpkin Pie
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Pumpkin pie is a nutritious dessert option as it is made with pumpkin, which is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Pumpkin is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for vision, immune function, and skin health.
- The pie crust and added sweeteners in pumpkin pie contribute to its calorie and sugar content, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Pumpkin pie is commonly enjoyed as a dessert after a meal, particularly during the fall and holiday season.
- It can also be served as a sweet treat during special occasions and gatherings.
- Pumpkin pie typically consists of a crust made from flour, butter, and sometimes sugar.
- The filling is made from pureed pumpkin, eggs, sugar or sweetener, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and sometimes evaporated milk or cream.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Pumpkin pie has its roots in American cuisine and is strongly associated with Thanksgiving, a holiday celebrated in the United States.
- Pumpkins were originally cultivated by Native Americans and became a popular ingredient in early American cooking.
- The tradition of pumpkin pie during Thanksgiving dates back to the 17th century.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making pumpkin pie at home, it is recommended to use fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin puree for convenience.
- Homemade pumpkin puree can be made by roasting and blending fresh pumpkin flesh.
- Special equipment needed for making pumpkin pie includes a pie dish, mixing bowls, a whisk or electric mixer, and an oven for baking.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Pumpkin pie pairs well with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, adding a creamy and sweet element to complement the pie’s flavors.
- It can be served alongside a warm cup of coffee, tea, or spiced cider for a cozy and comforting combination.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe and Tips
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, spices, and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust and spread evenly.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
- Optional: Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- If using fresh pumpkin, roast and puree the pumpkin flesh before using it in the recipe.
- You can make your own pie crust from scratch or use a store-bought one for convenience.
- To prevent the crust from becoming soggy, you can blind bake it before adding the filling. Simply pre-bake the pie crust for about 10 minutes before pouring in the filling.
- Feel free to adjust the spices according to your preference. You can add more or less cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg to suit your taste.
- For a decorative touch, you can use cookie cutters to create shapes from the remaining pie crust dough and arrange them on top of the pie before baking.
Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Pie!
Calories of Pumpkin Pie
The calorie content of a pumpkin pie can vary depending on the recipe and serving size. On average, a slice of pumpkin pie (1/8th of a 9-inch pie) can contain approximately 250-350 calories. However, it’s important to note that calorie content may differ based on the specific ingredients and preparation method used. It’s always a good idea to check the nutritional information of the specific recipe you are using or refer to the packaging of store-bought pumpkin pies for accurate calorie information.
- Pumpkin pie is a classic and beloved dessert, especially during the fall season.
- It has a warm and inviting aroma that fills the room with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- The beautiful orange color and smooth texture of the pie are visually appealing.
- Pumpkin pie is often associated with holiday gatherings and family traditions.
- The rich and creamy filling combined with the flaky crust creates a delightful contrast of textures.
- The taste of pumpkin pie is comforting and nostalgic, with a balance of sweetness and warm spices.
- The pumpkin filling has a smooth and velvety texture, while the crust adds a satisfying crunch.
- The flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves complement the pumpkin perfectly, creating a harmonious blend of spices.
- The sweetness level can vary depending on the recipe, but it is typically not overly sweet.
- The addition of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream enhances the flavors and adds a creamy element to each bite.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Delicious Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!