Pumpkin Lemon Basil Pasta Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Information about sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta
Health and Nutritional Information:
Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta is a flavorful dish that combines the sweetness of butternut squash with the freshness of lemon and basil. Here’s some information regarding its health and nutritional aspects. Butternut squash is a rich source of vitamins A and C, providing antioxidants that support immune function and promote healthy skin. It also contains dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Lemon adds a tangy taste while providing vitamin C and antioxidants. Basil offers essential nutrients like vitamin K and manganese, along with potential anti-inflammatory benefits. When paired with whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, this dish can provide a well-rounded meal with a good balance of carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta makes for a satisfying and wholesome meal. It can be enjoyed as a main course for lunch or dinner. The combination of pasta, butternut squash, and the bright flavors of lemon and basil creates a refreshing and light dish. To enhance the protein content, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Serve it alongside a fresh salad or steamed vegetables for added nutrients and variety.
The key ingredients for Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta include butternut squash, pasta (such as whole wheat or gluten-free), lemon zest, fresh basil leaves, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese (optional), salt, and pepper. You can also customize the recipe by adding ingredients like cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, or red pepper flakes for extra flavor and texture.
History and Cultural Background:
Butternut squash, lemon, and basil are commonly used ingredients in various cuisines. While the specific combination of these ingredients in pasta dishes may not have a specific historical or cultural background, they are popularly used in Mediterranean and Italian-inspired cuisines. These ingredients have been enjoyed for their unique flavors and health benefits for centuries.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Suggestions:
To make Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta at home, you will need basic kitchen equipment such as a knife, cutting board, pot for boiling pasta, and a large skillet for sautéing the ingredients. Here are a few homemade tips:
- Roast the butternut squash cubes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper to enhance their natural sweetness and bring out their flavors.
- When cooking the pasta, make sure to cook it al dente (firm to the bite) to retain its texture and prevent it from becoming mushy.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sautéed butternut squash, lemon zest, fresh basil leaves, and a splash of olive oil to coat the pasta evenly.
- For added creaminess, you can melt some butter or toss the pasta with a small amount of cream or grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta pairs well with a variety of food and beverage options. It can be enjoyed on its own as a complete meal or served alongside a side dish. Here are a few suggestions:
- Serve with a side of garlic bread or a fresh green salad for a well-rounded meal.
- Pair with a glass of crisp white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio to complement the flavors of the pasta.
- For a non-alcoholic option, try serving with a refreshing glass of sparkling water infused with lemon or basil leaves.
Enjoy your Butternut Squash Lemon Basil Pasta!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta recipe and tips
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces of pasta (such as penne or fusilli)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the pumpkin cubes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the pumpkin cubes on a baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes until tender and lightly caramelized.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat it evenly with the garlic-infused oil.
- Stir in the roasted pumpkin cubes, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sliced basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the flavors are well combined.
- Serve the pasta hot, and if desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese for added richness.
- To enhance the sweetness of the pumpkin, you can sprinkle the cubes with a little brown sugar or drizzle them with maple syrup before roasting.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like toasted pine nuts or dried cranberries for additional texture and flavor.
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice and zest based on your preference for acidity.
- If you prefer a creamier pasta, you can add a splash of heavy cream or stir in a dollop of cream cheese while tossing the cooked pasta and pumpkin.
- Fresh basil leaves are best added at the end to preserve their flavor and color. You can chiffonade the basil by stacking the leaves, rolling them tightly, and thinly slicing across the roll to create ribbons.
- This dish can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish alongside roasted chicken or grilled shrimp.
Enjoy your Sweet Pumpkin Lemon Basil Pasta!
Sweet pumpkin, lemon, basil, pasta, calories
The calorie content of sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. Here’s an approximate breakdown of the calorie content for a basic version of the dish:
- Pumpkin: Approximately 49 calories per cup
- Pasta (penne or fusilli): Approximately 200-220 calories per 2-ounce serving
- Olive oil: Approximately 120 calories per tablespoon
- Lemon zest and juice: Negligible calorie content
- Basil leaves: Negligible calorie content
- Garlic: Negligible calorie content
- Parmesan cheese (if added): Approximately 110 calories per ounce
Please note that these calorie counts are approximate and can vary based on the specific brand and variety of ingredients used. Additionally, cooking methods and portion sizes can also impact the overall calorie content of the dish.
To get a more accurate estimate of the calorie content for your sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta, it is recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific quantities and ingredients used in your recipe. You can refer to the nutrition information labels on the packaging of your ingredients or use online nutrition calculators for precise calculations.
- Sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta has an appealing visual presentation with vibrant colors and contrasting textures from the pumpkin cubes and basil leaves.
- The aroma of the lemon and basil adds a refreshing and citrusy scent to the dish, enhancing its overall appeal.
- The combination of sweet pumpkin, tangy lemon, and aromatic basil creates an intriguing flavor profile.
- The dish looks light and refreshing, giving the impression of a flavorful and satisfying meal option.
- The sweetness of the pumpkin cubes balances well with the tangy and citrusy notes from the lemon, creating a harmonious flavor combination.
- The fresh basil leaves add a hint of herbaceousness and freshness, elevating the taste of the dish.
- The pasta provides a comforting and satisfying base that absorbs the flavors of the pumpkin, lemon, and basil.
- The overall taste of the sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta is a delightful balance of sweet, tangy, and aromatic flavors that come together in each bite.
Note:These impressions and taste evaluations are subjective and can vary based on personal preferences and the specific recipe used.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Sweet pumpkin lemon basil pasta recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥