Creamy Nut Delight: Peanut Ice Cream Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Ice Cream
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Peanut ice cream typically contains a good amount of calories, fat, and sugar.
- It is a good source of protein, dietary fiber, and various vitamins and minerals.
- However, it is important to consume it in moderation due to its high calorie and fat content.
- Peanut ice cream can be enjoyed as a dessert or a refreshing treat on a hot day.
- It pairs well with other desserts like chocolate cake, brownies, or waffles.
- The main ingredients for peanut ice cream include peanuts, milk or cream, sugar, and flavorings like vanilla extract.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Peanut ice cream has a long history and is enjoyed in many cultures around the world.
- Peanuts have been cultivated for thousands of years and are believed to have originated in South America.
- The combination of peanuts and ice cream is popular in various cuisines, including American, Asian, and African.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make homemade peanut ice cream, you’ll need an ice cream maker, fresh or roasted peanuts, and a basic ice cream base recipe.
- You can customize the flavor by adding other ingredients like chocolate chips, caramel, or cookie pieces.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Peanut ice cream pairs well with toppings like chocolate sauce, caramel drizzle, or crushed peanuts.
- It can be served alongside desserts like pies, cakes, or fruit tarts.
- As for beverages, it goes well with coffee, chocolate milk, or fruit-based drinks.
Note:The information provided is a general overview and may vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. It’s always advisable to check the nutritional information and adjust the recipe to suit your dietary needs.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut Ice Cream Recipe and Tips
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk, and half of the sugar. Heat over medium heat until it reaches a gentle simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the remaining sugar until well combined.
- Slowly pour the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks while whisking continuously to temper the eggs.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- While the ice cream base chills, toast the peanuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly golden and fragrant. Let them cool, then chop or crush them into desired size.
- Once the ice cream base is chilled, churn it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost finished churning, add in the toasted peanuts and let the machine incorporate them.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve the peanut ice cream in bowls or cones and enjoy!
- You can use roasted peanuts for a more intense flavor, or you can also try using other nuts like almonds or cashews.
- For a creamier texture, use a higher fat content cream (such as heavy cream) and whole milk.
- Experiment with different mix-ins like chocolate chips, caramel swirls, or cookie pieces to add extra flavor and texture to your ice cream.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make peanut ice cream by pouring the chilled mixture into a shallow dish and freezing it. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Enjoy your homemade peanut ice cream!
the calories of peanut ice cream
The calorie content of peanut ice cream can vary depending on the specific recipe and the quantities of ingredients used. On average, a 1/2 cup (4 ounces) serving of peanut ice cream can contain around 200-250 calories. However, it’s important to note that this is just an estimate and the calorie content can vary based on the specific ingredients and proportions used in the recipe.
- Creamy and rich texture.
- Nutty aroma that is enticing.
- Pleasing appearance with visible peanut pieces.
- Delicious and indulgent flavor.
- Sweet and nutty taste.
- The balance between the creaminess of the ice cream and the crunchiness of the peanuts creates a satisfying contrast.
- The natural sweetness of the peanuts adds a unique twist to traditional ice cream flavors.
- Overall, a delightful treat for peanut lovers and ice cream enthusiasts alike.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut ice cream recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥