Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders
This dish combines the irresistible flavors of crispy chicken tenders with a touch of heat and sweetness from hot honey. While the tenders provide a good source of protein, the addition of honey introduces a unique and tantalizing twist.
For a satisfying meal, serve these oven-baked hot honey chicken tenders with a side of coleslaw or a fresh salad. The contrast between the tender chicken and the crunchy vegetables adds both texture and balance to the plate.
Cultural and Global Context:
Chicken tenders are a popular comfort food enjoyed in many parts of the world, particularly in North America. The incorporation of hot honey adds a contemporary twist to the classic dish, offering a blend of flavors that appeals to modern tastes.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To achieve the perfect crispy texture, consider marinating the chicken tenders in buttermilk before breading and baking. This step adds flavor and ensures a moist interior.
For baking, a baking sheet or a wire rack placed on a baking sheet is essential to allow the hot air to circulate around the chicken tenders, promoting even cooking and crispy results.
Matching with Food and Drinks:
Pair these spicy-sweet chicken tenders with a cooling dipping sauce like ranch dressing or a yogurt-based sauce to balance the heat. As for beverages, a refreshing iced tea or a citrusy soda can complement the dish’s flavors and offer a refreshing contrast.
The cost of ingredients for oven-baked hot honey chicken tenders can vary based on factors such as the type of chicken used, the brand of hot honey, and any additional seasonings. Chicken tenders are generally affordable, and hot honey can vary in price depending on its quality.
Indulge in the delicious fusion of flavors in these Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders, a dish that marries the comfort of chicken tenders with the exciting kick of hot honey.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Cooking time, Recipe and Tips, Storage and Shelf Life
The cooking time for Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders can vary based on the thickness of the chicken tenders and the specific oven temperature used. On average, it takes about 20 to 25 minutes to bake the chicken tenders.
Recipe and Tips:
- Chicken tenders
- Buttermilk (for marinating)
- Flour (for breading)
- Hot honey or regular honey mixed with hot sauce (for glazing)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional seasonings (such as paprika, garlic powder, cayenne)
- Cooking spray or oil
- Marinate the chicken tenders in buttermilk for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. This step enhances flavor and tenderness.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, pepper, and any optional seasonings.
- Remove a chicken tender from the buttermilk and let excess liquid drip off.
- Coat the chicken tender in the flour mixture, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Place the coated chicken tender on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a wire rack.
- Repeat the breading process for all chicken tenders.
- Lightly coat the breaded chicken tenders with cooking spray or a drizzle of oil. This promotes crispiness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken tenders are golden brown and cooked through.
- In the last few minutes of baking, brush the hot honey mixture over the chicken tenders for a sweet and spicy glaze.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken tenders rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Adjust the amount of hot honey and hot sauce in the glaze to suit your preferred level of spiciness.
- For extra crunch, consider adding breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes to the flour mixture.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour.
- Using a wire rack on the baking sheet elevates the chicken tenders, allowing them to cook evenly and become crispy on all sides.
Storage and Shelf Life:
Leftover oven-baked hot honey chicken tenders can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. Reheating them in the oven helps maintain their crispy texture.
How many calories?
The number of calories in Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders can vary based on the specific quantities of ingredients used and the portion size. Here’s a rough estimate of the calorie content for each main ingredient commonly used in this dish:
- Chicken tenders (per 4 oz): Approximately 120-150 calories.
- Buttermilk (1/4 cup): Approximately 30-40 calories.
- Flour (for breading, 1/4 cup): Approximately 100-120 calories.
- Hot honey (1 tablespoon): Approximately 60-70 calories.
- Cooking spray or oil (for coating, 1 teaspoon): Approximately 40-45 calories.
Keep in mind that these estimates are approximate and can vary based on factors like the specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To calculate the total calorie content for your specific recipe, you’ll need to determine the portion size of the chicken tenders you’re serving and account for the calories from each ingredient used. You can then add up the calorie values for each component based on the estimates provided above.
For a more precise calorie count, it’s recommended to use a nutrition calculator or app that allows you to input the exact quantities of each ingredient used in your recipe. This will provide you with a more accurate measurement of the calorie content per serving.
Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders make a striking impression with their golden-brown, glistening exterior. The tantalizing aroma that fills the kitchen hints at a balance of heat and sweetness, promising a flavorful experience. The tenders’ inviting appearance evokes a sense of anticipation for a satisfying and indulgent meal.
From the first bite, Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders captivate the palate with a dynamic blend of flavors. The initial crunch gives way to tender and juicy chicken, enveloped in a delightful breading. The hot honey glaze introduces a touch of spiciness that is complemented by the sweetness of the honey.
The contrast between the crispy exterior and the succulent interior creates a textural harmony that adds depth to each bite. The buttermilk marination infuses the chicken with a subtle tanginess, enhancing its overall taste profile.
The glaze, with its heat and sweetness, dances across the taste buds, offering a balance that intrigues and delights. The interplay of flavors between the savory chicken, the zesty glaze, and the earthy seasonings creates a symphony of taste that evolves with each mouthful.
Accompanied by the side of coleslaw or salad, the meal is elevated to a well-rounded experience. The coolness of the coleslaw complements the heat of the chicken tenders, providing a refreshing contrast that enhances the overall dining sensation.
In conclusion, Oven-Baked Hot Honey Chicken Tenders present an explosion of flavors that harmonize heat, sweetness, and a satisfying crunch. They are an invitation to savor a contemporary twist on a classic favorite, promising a delightful and memorable culinary journey.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥