Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings
These Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings offer a mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures, with a spicy kick that’s hard to resist. The wings are typically coated in a tangy buffalo sauce that adds a zesty and fiery element to the dish.
Health and Nutrition Information:
Oven-baked wings are generally a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried wings. Baking reduces the amount of added fats while still achieving a crispy exterior. However, the buffalo sauce may contain butter or oil, contributing to the overall calorie content. The wings are a source of protein, and the spiciness can add a metabolism-boosting effect.
Perfect as an appetizer for game nights, gatherings, or casual get-togethers, these Buffalo Wings are a crowd-pleaser. They’re also a popular choice for parties and celebrations, offering a finger-licking indulgence.
Buffalo Wings have their origins in the United States, specifically Buffalo, New York. They have become a staple in American sports culture, often enjoyed alongside televised games or in sports bars.
Historical and Culinary Background:
Buffalo Wings were invented in 1964 by Teressa Bellissimo at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. The dish gained popularity and spread throughout the U.S., eventually becoming a beloved classic.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
Creating homemade Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings allows for customization and healthier preparation. Baking sheets or oven-safe racks are essential for even cooking. For extra crispiness, pat the wings dry before baking and use a wire rack to elevate them.
Food and Drink Pairing:
Pair these zesty wings with cooling dips like blue cheese or ranch dressing to balance the spiciness. As for beverages, opt for refreshing options like cold beer, soda, or even a creamy milkshake to temper the heat.
The cost of ingredients can vary based on location and quality. Chicken wings are usually affordable, and a bottle of buffalo sauce can be reasonably priced. Accompaniments like dip and veggies add to the overall cost but enhance the experience.
Enjoy the fiery flavor and satisfying crunch of Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Cooking time, Recipe and Tips, Storage and Shelf Life
Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings
- Preparation: About 10-15 minutes
- Baking: Approximately 45-50 minutes
Recipe and Tips:
- Chicken wings
- Salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- Olive oil (for coating)
- Buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Butter (optional, for a richer sauce)
- Garlic powder (optional, for extra flavor)
- Dipping sauces (blue cheese or ranch)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the wings in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil to coat them evenly.
- Arrange the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or an oven-safe wire rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, then flip the wings and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until they are crispy and cooked through.
- In a separate saucepan, combine buffalo sauce and butter (if using) over low heat. Add garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Once the wings are done baking, toss them in the buffalo sauce to coat them thoroughly.
- Serve the wings with dipping sauces and celery sticks.
- To enhance crispiness, use a wire rack on the baking sheet to allow air circulation.
- Adjust the baking time based on the size of the wings and your oven’s characteristics.
- For milder wings, adjust the amount of buffalo sauce or dilute it with butter.
- For a homemade touch, you can make your own buffalo sauce by combining hot sauce, melted butter, vinegar, and seasonings.
- Use kitchen gloves when tossing the wings in the buffalo sauce to prevent the spicy sauce from coming into contact with your skin.
Storage and Shelf Life:
- Leftover wings can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat, place the wings on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until heated through.
- The quality of the wings may degrade in the freezer due to the moisture content. However, if freezing, store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 1-2 months.
- Keep in mind that reheated wings may lose some of their crispiness but will still be flavorful.
Enjoy your delicious Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings!
How many calories?
The calorie content of Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings can vary depending on factors such as portion size, the number of wings consumed, the size of the wings, and any additional ingredients used in the coating or sauce.
On average, a standard serving of about 6 to 8 medium-sized wings (without sauce or dipping sauce) can range from approximately 400 to 500 calories. This estimate includes the calories from the chicken itself and the olive oil used for baking.
When you factor in the buffalo sauce and any dipping sauces like blue cheese or ranch, the calorie count can increase significantly. Buffalo sauce is often calorie-dense due to the inclusion of butter or oil, and dipping sauces can add extra calories as well.
For a more accurate calculation of the calorie content of your specific recipe and serving size, it’s recommended to use a nutrition calculator or app that allows you to input the exact measurements and ingredients you used.
The Oven-Baked Buffalo Wings command attention with their enticing aroma, wafting notes of spice and savory goodness. Their appearance is a feast for the eyes, showcasing a perfectly golden and crispy exterior that promises a satisfying bite. The glistening buffalo sauce adds an alluring sheen, hinting at the bold flavors that await.
Upon the first bite, the crunch of the baked coating yields to reveal succulent and tender chicken underneath. The buffalo sauce takes center stage, delivering a fiery kick that dances on the taste buds. The heat is tempered by a tangy and slightly buttery note, creating a harmonious balance. The experience is a symphony of textures, with the crispy exterior giving way to the juicy meat within. These wings offer a delightful contrast of spiciness and creaminess, leaving a memorable and addictive aftertaste that beckons for more.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥