Nutty Peanut Curry Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Curry
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut curry is a flavorful dish that offers various health benefits. Peanuts are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, niacin, folate, and magnesium. The curry itself may include other nutritious ingredients such as vegetables and spices, providing additional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Peanut curry can be enjoyed as a main course, served with rice or bread, or as a side dish alongside other Indian or Asian-inspired meals. It provides a satisfying and nutritious option for vegetarians and vegans due to its protein content.
The key ingredients for peanut curry typically include peanuts (either whole or ground), coconut milk or cream, spices (such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder), vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, and carrots), and a thickening agent (such as tomato paste or yogurt). The specific ingredients and their quantities may vary based on the recipe and personal preferences.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Curries, including peanut curry, have a long history in various cuisines, particularly in South Asia. Peanuts are native to South America but were introduced to Asia during the Columbian Exchange. Over time, peanuts became a staple ingredient in many Asian dishes, including curries. Curries themselves have diverse cultural roots and are an integral part of Indian, Thai, and Indonesian cuisines, among others.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make peanut curry at home, you will need a few basic kitchen tools such as a blender or food processor to grind the peanuts, a stove or cooktop for simmering the curry, and a pan for sautéing the ingredients. It is important to adjust the flavors according to your taste preferences, adding more spices or ingredients as desired.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut curry pairs well with steamed rice, naan bread, or roti. It can also be served alongside a refreshing cucumber salad or raita to balance the spiciness. As for beverages, options like a cooling mango lassi, iced tea, or even a light lager can complement the flavors of peanut curry.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut curry recipes and tips
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and ground
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (bell peppers, carrots, peas, etc.)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan. Sauté for another minute until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, mix together the curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and chili powder with a little water to form a paste.
- Add the spice paste to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring well to coat the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the ground peanuts and mix well. Cook for a minute to toast the peanuts and release their flavors.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring the curry to a simmer. Let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the curry and simmer until they are cooked but still retain their crunch.
- Season with salt according to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or bread.
- For a creamier texture, you can blend some of the curry sauce before adding the vegetables.
- Adjust the spiciness by adding more or less chili powder or by adding fresh chilies.
- Feel free to customize the vegetable selection based on your preference or what’s available.
- To enhance the flavor, you can roast the peanuts before grinding them.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add a little water or vegetable broth.
- Experiment with additional spices and herbs like garam masala, curry leaves, or lemon juice for added depth of flavor.
Enjoy your homemade peanut curry!
Calories of peanut curry
The calorie content of peanut curry can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, I can provide you with a general estimate of the calorie range for peanut curry.
On average, a serving of peanut curry (approximately 1 cup or 240 grams) contains around 300 to 400 calories. This estimation includes the calories from peanuts, coconut milk, vegetables, spices, and any other ingredients used in the curry.
Please note that this calorie range is an approximation and can vary based on the specific ingredients, cooking methods, and portion sizes used in your recipe. To get a more accurate calorie count, it is recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in your homemade peanut curry recipe using a nutrition calculator or app.
- Rich and flavorful peanut curry with a creamy texture.
- Aromatic and inviting aroma of spices and roasted peanuts.
- Appealing appearance with vibrant colors from the vegetables in the curry.
- The combination of peanuts and spices creates a unique and interesting dish.
- Comforting and satisfying, perfect for a hearty meal.
- The curry has a balanced blend of nuttiness from the peanuts and the warmth of spices.
- Creamy and slightly thick consistency that coats the palate.
- The peanuts provide a subtle crunch and add a distinct flavor to the curry.
- The spiciness level can be adjusted according to personal preference, ranging from mild to moderately spicy.
- The flavors meld together as you savor each bite, creating a harmonious and enjoyable taste experience.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut curry recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥