Nutty Peanut Chicken Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Chicken
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Peanut chicken is a good source of lean protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Peanuts provide healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
- However, the dish’s overall healthiness depends on the cooking method and ingredients used, such as the amount of added fats or sauces.
- Peanut chicken is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a main course.
- It pairs well with steamed rice or noodles and a side of vegetables for a balanced meal.
- The main ingredients for peanut chicken typically include chicken pieces, peanuts, and a sauce or marinade made with ingredients like peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Additional ingredients can vary based on personal preferences and regional variations.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Peanut chicken is a popular dish in various cuisines, including Thai, Chinese, and African.
- Peanuts have a long history and are native to South America, where they have been cultivated for thousands of years.
- The combination of peanuts and chicken in dishes reflects the cultural and culinary influences of the regions where they are commonly consumed.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making peanut chicken at home, it is important to use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Equipment needed may include a stove or oven for cooking the chicken, a blender or food processor to make the peanut sauce, and basic kitchen utensils for preparation and cooking.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Peanut chicken pairs well with rice or noodles, providing a complementary texture and flavor.
- As for beverages, options like iced tea, a refreshing fruit juice, or a light beer can complement the flavors of the dish.
Please note that the information provided is general, and specific recipes and variations may have different health implications and cultural significance.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut Chicken Recipe and Tips
Recipe: Peanut Chicken
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup peanuts, unsalted and roasted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make the peanut sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the peanut sauce to the skillet. Stir well to coat the chicken evenly.
- Add the roasted peanuts and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the peanut chicken hot with steamed rice or noodles.
- For added flavor, marinate the chicken in the peanut sauce for at least 30 minutes or overnight before cooking.
- Adjust the spiciness by adding chili flakes or sriracha sauce to the peanut sauce.
- Feel free to add vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, or snap peas to the dish for added nutrition and color.
- Crush some extra peanuts and sprinkle them over the finished dish for a crunchy texture.
- Experiment with different nut butters like almond or cashew butter for variation.
Enjoy your homemade peanut chicken with its rich flavors and nutty goodness!
the calories of peanut chicken
The exact calorie content of peanut chicken can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. On average, a serving of peanut chicken (approximately 1 cup) may contain around 300-400 calories. However, it’s important to note that this estimate can vary and it’s always best to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and serving sizes used in your recipe.
- The peanut chicken has a rich and flavorful taste.
- The combination of peanuts and chicken creates a satisfying and protein-packed dish.
- The peanut sauce adds a creamy and nutty element to the chicken.
- The peanut chicken is deliciously savory with a hint of sweetness from the peanut sauce.
- The chicken is tender and moist, perfectly complemented by the crunchy texture of the peanuts.
- The flavors are well-balanced, and the dish offers a delightful blend of nuttiness and savory notes.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut Chicken Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥