Nutella Tiramisu Recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for Nutella tiramisu that you can make at home!
Nutella Tiramisu Information
Health and Nutrition Information:
Nutella tiramisu is a delicious dessert option, but it is important to note that it is not considered a healthy choice due to its high calorie, fat, and sugar content. Nutella, which is a key ingredient in this dessert, is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is known for its rich and indulgent flavor. While it provides some dietary fiber and a small amount of protein from the hazelnuts, it is also high in calories, saturated fat, and added sugars.
Nutella tiramisu is typically enjoyed as a dessert or sweet treat rather than a main meal. It is best to consume it in moderation due to its high calorie and sugar content. Consider serving it as a special treat on occasions or as a part of a balanced meal that includes healthier options like fruits and vegetables.
The main ingredients used in Nutella tiramisu are ladyfinger cookies, Nutella spread, coffee or espresso, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder. Ladyfingers are soft sponge cookies that are dipped in coffee or espresso to add moisture and flavor. Nutella spread adds a rich chocolate and hazelnut taste. Mascarpone cheese provides a creamy and smooth texture to the dessert. Eggs and sugar are used to make the custard-like filling, and cocoa powder is used for dusting or garnishing the top.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Nutella tiramisu is a modern twist on the classic Italian dessert, tiramisu. Tiramisu originated in Italy and its name means “pick me up” or “lift me up,” referring to its rich and energizing flavors. Traditional tiramisu is made with ladyfinger cookies dipped in coffee, layered with a mascarpone cheese and egg mixture, and dusted with cocoa powder. The addition of Nutella in Nutella tiramisu adds a chocolate and hazelnut twist to the traditional recipe, creating a new and indulgent variation.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
To make Nutella tiramisu at home, you will need basic kitchen equipment such as a mixing bowl, whisk, spatula, and an 8×8-inch baking dish. It is recommended to use fresh ingredients and high-quality Nutella spread for the best flavor. You can also experiment with different toppings or decorations, such as grated chocolate or crushed hazelnuts, to enhance the presentation and taste of the dessert.
Food and Beverage Pairing:
Nutella tiramisu pairs well with a variety of beverages. Coffee, espresso, or cappuccino are classic choices that complement the coffee flavor in the dessert. If you prefer non-alcoholic options, you can serve it with hot chocolate or a glass of milk. For those who enjoy alcoholic pairings, a glass of sweet dessert wine like Moscato or a shot of hazelnut liqueur can complement the flavors of Nutella tiramisu.
Please note that the Nutella tiramisu recipe is excluded from the provided information.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Nutella Tiramisu Recipe
Nutella Tiramisu Ingredients:
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso, cooled
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
Nutella Tiramisu Instructions:
- In a shallow dish, pour the cooled coffee or espresso. Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the coffee briefly, making sure not to soak them for too long.
- Arrange half of the soaked ladyfingers in a single layer in a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Nutella and mascarpone cheese until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and creamy. Add this mixture to the Nutella and mascarpone mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the Nutella mixture until incorporated.
- Spread half of the Nutella mixture over the layer of soaked ladyfingers in the baking dish.
- Repeat the process with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining Nutella mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
- Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder.
- Cut into squares and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Please note that the provided recipe is for reference purposes only, and it’s always best to follow a specific recipe that you trust and enjoy.
Nutella Tiramisu Calories
The calorie content of Nutella Tiramisu can vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. However, on average, a serving of Nutella Tiramisu (approximately 1/8th of a 9×9-inch baking dish) can range from 300 to 400 calories. It’s important to note that this is an estimate and may vary based on the recipe and specific ingredients used.
- Peanut cracker recipe
- Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut yogurt recipe
- Peanut sandwich recipe
- Peanut ramen recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Nutella Tiramisu Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!