Mom’s Peanut Coconut Cookies Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Peanut Coconut Cookies
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut coconut cookies are generally considered a tasty treat, but it’s important to be mindful of their health and nutritional aspects. These cookies usually contain peanuts, which are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and various essential nutrients. However, they are also calorie-dense, so consuming them in moderation is recommended. Coconut, another key ingredient, provides dietary fiber and healthy fats, but it is also high in saturated fat. Therefore, it’s advisable to enjoy these cookies as an occasional indulgence rather than a daily snack, especially if you’re watching your calorie intake or have specific dietary concerns.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
Peanut coconut cookies can be a delightful addition to a well-balanced meal or enjoyed as a standalone snack. They pair well with a cup of tea or coffee, complementing the nutty and sweet flavors. As for ingredients, you’ll typically need peanuts, shredded coconut, flour, sugar, butter or oil, eggs, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Feel free to explore variations by adding chocolate chips, oats, or dried fruits for added texture and taste.
Historical and Cultural Background:
The history and cultural background of peanut coconut cookies may vary depending on the region. Peanut-based cookies have been enjoyed for centuries in various cultures worldwide, and the combination of peanuts and coconut adds a unique twist to this beloved treat. Different communities and countries may have their own traditional recipes and ways of preparing these cookies, making them a delightful part of local cuisines.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make homemade peanut coconut cookies, you’ll need some basic equipment such as a mixing bowl, a whisk or electric mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a baking sheet, and an oven. Here’s a helpful tip: consider using natural peanut butter for a healthier option, as it typically contains fewer additives and added sugars. You can also experiment with using different types of flour, like whole wheat or almond flour, to cater to specific dietary preferences or restrictions.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut coconut cookies can be enjoyed on their own as a tasty snack, but they can also be paired with various food and beverage options. They go well with a glass of milk, whether dairy or plant-based, as the creamy texture complements the crunchiness of the cookies. Additionally, you can serve them alongside a selection of fresh fruits, such as sliced bananas or berries, to balance the flavors and add a refreshing element to your snack or dessert.
I hope you find this information helpful! Enjoy your peanut coconut cookies!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut Coconut Cookie Recipe and Tips
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, flour, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork, creating a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, store the peanut coconut cookies in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- For added flavor, toast the shredded coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Let it cool before using it in the recipe.
- Experiment with different types of peanuts, such as honey roasted or salted, to enhance the taste and texture of the cookies.
- If you prefer a chewier cookie, reduce the baking time slightly.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding chocolate chips, chopped dried fruits, or a sprinkle of sea salt on top of each cookie before baking.
Enjoy baking and savoring your homemade peanut coconut cookies!
Peanut Coconut Cookie Calories
The calorie content of peanut coconut cookies can vary depending on the specific recipe and the size of the cookies. However, I can provide you with a general estimate of the calorie range for these cookies.
On average, a small to medium-sized peanut coconut cookie (about 1.5 inches in diameter) can contain approximately 80 to 120 calories. Keep in mind that this estimate may change based on the ingredients used and any additions or variations made to the recipe.
To get a more accurate calculation of the calorie content, it is recommended to input the exact ingredients and quantities used in a recipe into a nutrition calculator or consult the packaging labels of the specific products you are using. This will help you determine the precise calorie count for your homemade peanut coconut cookies.
- The peanut coconut cookies have an appealing appearance with a golden brown color and a textured surface.
- The cookies emanate a delightful aroma of roasted peanuts and the sweet fragrance of coconut.
- The visual combination of the chopped peanuts and shredded coconut creates a visually interesting texture.
- The first bite reveals a satisfying crunch followed by a burst of nutty flavors from the peanuts.
- The coconut adds a subtle sweetness and a hint of tropical taste that lingers on the palate.
- The balance of flavors between the peanuts and coconut creates a harmonious blend, neither overpowering the other.
- The cookies have a buttery and slightly crumbly texture, making each bite enjoyable.
- The overall taste experience is a delightful combination of nuttiness, sweetness, and a touch of richness from the butter.
I hope these descriptions help give you a sense of the impressions and taste of peanut coconut cookies!
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut Coconut Cookie Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥