Savoring Rich Indulgence: Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu Recipe
I’m going to show you a recipe for mocha hazelnut tiramisu that you can make at home!
Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu Information
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Hazelnut mocha tiramisu is a delicious dessert that should be enjoyed in moderation due to its rich and indulgent ingredients.
- It is high in calories, fat, and sugar, so it’s best to consume it as an occasional treat.
- Hazelnut mocha tiramisu is perfect for serving as a decadent dessert after a special meal or on special occasions.
- It pairs well with a cup of coffee or a glass of dessert wine.
- Ladyfinger biscuits, mascarpone cheese, hazelnut spread, espresso or strong coffee, chocolate, and cocoa powder are the key ingredients used in hazelnut mocha tiramisu.
- Optional additions include whipped cream, hazelnuts, or chocolate shavings for garnishing.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Hazelnut mocha tiramisu is a modern variation of the traditional tiramisu, infused with the flavors of hazelnut and mocha.
- Its exact historical and cultural background is not widely known, as it is a relatively recent twist on the classic dessert.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To enhance the hazelnut flavor, you can add finely chopped or toasted hazelnuts to the layers or sprinkle them on top as a garnish.
- An electric mixer or stand mixer is useful for whipping the cream and mascarpone cheese to achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
- A springform pan or individual serving glasses can be used to assemble and serve the tiramisu.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Hazelnut mocha tiramisu pairs well with a cup of hot coffee, particularly hazelnut-flavored coffee, to complement the nutty flavors.
- It can also be enjoyed with a glass of dessert wine, such as a sweet red or a fortified wine like Marsala.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu
Recipe and Tips
- 24 ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur (optional)
- 8 oz (225g) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
- In a shallow dish, combine the coffee and hazelnut liqueur (if using). Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee mixture briefly, ensuring it is soaked but not overly saturated.
- Arrange half of the soaked ladyfingers in a single layer in the bottom of a serving dish or individual glasses.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the layer of ladyfingers. Sprinkle half of the cocoa powder over the mascarpone layer.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone mixture, and cocoa powder.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top layer and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts and chocolate shavings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- For a stronger coffee flavor, increase the amount of coffee or espresso used in the recipe.
- You can customize the sweetness of the tiramisu by adjusting the amount of powdered sugar to your preference.
- If you don’t have hazelnut liqueur, you can substitute it with a hazelnut-flavored syrup or omit it altogether.
- Garnish the tiramisu with additional crushed hazelnuts and chocolate shavings for extra texture and visual appeal.
- Shallow dish for soaking the ladyfinger biscuits
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer or whisk for beating the mascarpone cheese and whipping the cream
- Serving dish or individual glasses for assembling the tiramisu
Enjoy your homemade Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu!
Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu Calories
The calorie content of Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu can vary depending on the specific recipe, serving size, and ingredients used. However, I can provide you with a general estimation of the calorie range for this dessert.
On average, a serving of Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu (approximately 1/8th of a 9×9 inch dish) can contain around 300-400 calories. Keep in mind that this estimation may change based on the specific ingredients and proportions used in the recipe.
The calorie content can be influenced by the amount of ladyfingers, coffee, mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and hazelnuts used in the recipe. Additionally, any additional ingredients like cocoa powder or liqueur will also contribute to the overall calorie count.
If you are concerned about the calorie intake, it is recommended to adjust the portion size or explore lighter alternatives for certain ingredients. Using reduced-fat or low-sugar versions of certain ingredients may also help reduce the calorie content.
Please note that these estimations are approximate, and for a more accurate measurement, it is advisable to calculate the calorie content based on the specific recipe and ingredients used using a reliable nutrition calculator or consulting a registered dietitian.
- The Hazelnut Mocha Tiramisu is a rich and indulgent dessert that combines the flavors of hazelnut, coffee, and chocolate.
- The layers of soaked ladyfinger biscuits, creamy mascarpone cheese, and cocoa powder create a visually appealing dessert.
- The addition of hazelnut liqueur adds a subtle nutty flavor that complements the coffee and chocolate elements.
- The texture is creamy and velvety, with the ladyfinger biscuits providing a satisfying crunch.
- The aroma of hazelnuts and coffee is enticing and adds to the overall experience of enjoying this dessert.
- The combination of hazelnut, mocha, and tiramisu flavors is heavenly. The hazelnut adds a distinct nuttiness, while the mocha provides a delightful coffee-chocolate taste.
- The sweetness level is well-balanced, allowing the flavors to shine without being overwhelming.
- The creamy mascarpone cheese adds a lusciousness to each bite, and the cocoa powder adds a hint of bitterness that balances the sweetness.
- The hazelnut liqueur (optional) enhances the overall flavor profile and adds depth to the dessert.
- Overall, the Hazelnut Mocha Tiramisu is a delectable treat for those who love the combination of coffee, chocolate, and hazelnut flavors. It is a dessert that is sure to impress and satisfy any sweet tooth.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Fragrant Mocha Hazelnut Tiramisu, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!