Weekend Snack Bliss: Lemon Salt French Fries at Their Best
Hello! Good day!
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Lemon Salt French Fries
Health and Nutritional Information:
Lemon salted potato fries, when prepared in a balanced manner, can be a delicious and enjoyable treat. However, it’s important to note that deep-fried foods, including potato fries, can be high in calories and unhealthy fats when consumed in excess. Here is some general nutritional information for reference:
- Calories: The calorie content of lemon salted potato fries can vary depending on factors like portion size, cooking method, and the type and amount of oil used. On average, a serving of potato fries (approximately 100 grams) can range from 250-400 calories.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates, providing energy for the body. They also contain dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and other essential nutrients.
- Salt: The sodium content in salted potato fries can be significant, so it’s important to consume them in moderation, especially if you have specific dietary restrictions or health conditions.
Lemon salted potato fries can be enjoyed as a side dish or snack alongside a balanced meal. They pair well with burgers, sandwiches, grilled meats, or vegetarian options. It’s advisable to complement them with healthier components of the meal, such as a side of vegetables or a fresh salad, to ensure a well-rounded and nutritious eating experience.
The main ingredients for lemon salted potato fries are potatoes, salt, lemon zest, and cooking oil. Optional additional seasonings can include herbs, spices, or other flavor enhancers according to personal preference.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Potato fries have a rich history and are popularly associated with Western cuisine, particularly with Belgian and French origins. They have become a global culinary staple and are enjoyed in various cultural contexts as a versatile and tasty dish.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make homemade lemon salted potato fries, you will need potatoes, salt, lemon zest, cooking oil, and basic kitchen equipment:
- Cutting board and knife: For slicing the potatoes into desired shapes.
- Mixing bowl: To toss the potato slices with salt, lemon zest, and oil.
- Baking sheet or frying pan: For cooking the potato fries. Baking sheets are suitable for oven-baked fries, while frying pans are used for deep-frying.
- Optional: Kitchen towel or paper towels for blotting excess oil after frying.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Lemon salted potato fries can be enjoyed with a range of food and beverage pairings. Some popular options include serving them with ketchup, mayonnaise, aioli, or other dipping sauces. They can also be paired with refreshing beverages like lemonade, iced tea, soda, or even a cold beer.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Lemon Salt French Fries
Recipe and Tips
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into evenly sized French fry shapes.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper (if using).
- Toss the potato slices in the mixture, ensuring they are well coated.
- Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the fries are golden and crispy, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional lemon zest and salt, if desired.
- Enjoy the lemon salted French fries while they’re still warm and crispy.
- Choose starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold for the best texture and crispiness.
- Soaking the potato slices in cold water for 30 minutes before baking can help remove excess starch and result in crispier fries.
- Adjust the amount of lemon zest and salt according to your taste preferences. Start with the suggested amounts and add more if desired.
- For extra flavor, you can sprinkle some herbs like rosemary, thyme, or paprika along with the lemon zest and salt.
- Ensure that the potato slices are evenly sized to ensure even cooking.
- To achieve maximum crispiness, make sure to space out the potato slices on the baking sheet, allowing them enough room to crisp up without steaming.
- If you prefer deep-fried French fries, you can fry them in hot oil instead of baking. Make sure to drain the excess oil on paper towels after frying.
- Serve the lemon salted French fries immediately for the best taste and texture.
Enjoy your homemade Lemon Salt French Fries!
Lemon Salt French Fries Calories
The calorie content of lemon salted potato fries can vary depending on factors such as the portion size, cooking method, and the type and amount of oil used. Here is a general estimate of the calorie range for a typical serving of lemon salted French fries:
- On average, a serving of French fries (approximately 100 grams) can contain around 150-250 calories.
- The specific calorie count will depend on various factors, including the size and type of potatoes used, the amount of oil absorbed during cooking, and any additional seasonings or toppings.
It’s important to note that deep-fried French fries tend to be higher in calories compared to oven-baked or air-fried versions, as they absorb more oil during cooking. Additionally, the calorie count may increase if you pair the fries with sauces or dips that are high in calories.
If you’re concerned about the exact calorie content, it’s recommended to measure and track the ingredients used in your recipe and calculate the calories accordingly.
- Crispy and golden appearance.
- Inviting aroma of freshly cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkling of lemon salt adds a unique touch.
- Eye-catching presentation.
- The combination of lemon and salt enhances the flavor of the French fries.
- The tanginess of the lemon zest adds a refreshing twist.
- The salt amplifies the savory taste of the potatoes.
- The crispy exterior and soft interior create a satisfying texture contrast.
- Overall, it offers a delightful balance of flavors with a hint of citrus.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Recipe for Lemon Salt French Fries, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥