A Twist on Tradition: Refreshing Lemon Caprese Recipe
Hello! Good day!
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Lemon Caprese
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Lemon Caprese is a healthy dish that is low in calories and fat.
- It is a good source of vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin C.
- The dish is packed with fresh vegetables, providing fiber and antioxidants.
- The use of olive oil in moderation adds healthy fats to the dish.
- Lemon Caprese is a light and refreshing dish, perfect as an appetizer or a light lunch.
- It pairs well with grilled meats or seafood as a side dish.
- Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, lemon zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper are commonly used in Lemon Caprese.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Caprese salad originated in the Italian region of Capri and is a classic Italian dish.
- It is known for its simplicity and focus on fresh and high-quality ingredients.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To enhance the flavors, use ripe and juicy tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Adding a squeeze of lemon juice can intensify the citrus flavor.
- A sharp knife and a cutting board are essential for slicing the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Lemon Caprese pairs well with a variety of dishes, including grilled chicken, fish, or seafood.
- It is often served with a glass of chilled white wine or a refreshing lemonade.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Lemon Caprese Recipe and Tips
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomato slices and mozzarella slices on a serving platter, alternating them.
- Place a fresh basil leaf on top of each tomato and mozzarella slice.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest evenly over the platter.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the flavors meld together for a few minutes before serving.
- Use ripe, flavorful tomatoes for the best taste. Heirloom or vine-ripened tomatoes work well.
- Choose fresh, high-quality mozzarella cheese for a creamy texture.
- Tear the basil leaves or leave them whole, depending on your preference.
- The lemon zest adds a bright, citrusy flavor to the dish. Use a microplane grater for finely grated zest.
- Drizzle the olive oil generously but avoid soaking the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper just before serving to retain the freshness.
Enjoy your homemade Lemon Caprese!
Calories of Lemon Caprese
The calorie content of Lemon Caprese can vary based on the specific quantities and brands of ingredients used. Here is a general estimate of the calorie content for Lemon Caprese made with the mentioned ingredients:
- 4 ripe tomatoes: Approximately 100 calories
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese: Approximately 640 calories
- Fresh basil leaves: Negligible calorie content
- Zest of 1 lemon: Negligible calorie content
- Extra virgin olive oil: Approximately 120 calories per tablespoon
Keep in mind that these calorie estimates are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion sizes used in your recipe.
Impressions of Lemon Caprese:
- Refreshing and vibrant
- Light and summery
- Beautiful presentation with contrasting colors
Taste Evaluation of Lemon Caprese:
- The combination of ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and lemon zest creates a balanced and tangy flavor.
- The lemon zest adds a subtle citrusy note that complements the sweetness of the tomatoes and creaminess of the cheese.
- The fresh basil leaves provide a refreshing and aromatic taste that enhances the overall flavor profile.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Lemon Caprese Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥