Bake a Slice of Sunshine: Crafting the Perfect Lemon Cake Recipe
Hello! Good day!
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Lemon Cake
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Lemon cake can vary in terms of nutritional content depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used.
- It is generally a high-calorie dessert due to the presence of ingredients like butter, sugar, and flour.
- Lemon itself provides vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Lemon cake is commonly enjoyed as a dessert or a sweet treat.
- It can be served on special occasions, celebrations, or enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Lemon cake typically includes ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Variations may include additional ingredients like buttermilk, yogurt, or cream cheese for added richness and flavor.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Lemon cake is a popular dessert that has been enjoyed for many years in various cultures around the world.
- Lemon cakes have been a staple in tea parties, afternoon tea, and dessert menus.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Use fresh lemons for the best flavor and aroma in your lemon cake.
- Properly measure the ingredients to ensure the right balance and texture.
- Baking equipment such as mixing bowls, a whisk or electric mixer, measuring cups and spoons, and a cake pan are typically used.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Lemon cake pairs well with a variety of beverages such as tea, coffee, or even a glass of milk.
- It can also be served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for added indulgence.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Lemon cake Recipes and Tips
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost the cake with your favorite lemon frosting or glaze.
- For a more intense lemon flavor, add a few drops of lemon extract to the batter.
- Make sure to zest your lemons before juicing them for the recipe.
- Sift the flour before measuring to ensure a lighter texture.
- To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Feel free to add some lemon zest or lemon juice to your frosting or glaze for an extra burst of lemony goodness.
Enjoy your homemade lemon cake!
Calories of Lemon Cake
The calorie content of a lemon cake can vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size. On average, a slice of homemade lemon cake (approximately 1/12th of a 9-inch round cake) can contain around 250-350 calories. However, it’s important to note that this is an estimate, and the calorie content can be higher or lower based on the ingredients and preparation methods used. If you have a specific lemon cake recipe in mind, I can try to provide a more accurate calorie estimate for that particular recipe.
- The lemon cake has a vibrant and inviting appearance, with a golden color and a moist texture.
- The aroma of fresh lemons fills the air, creating a refreshing and uplifting atmosphere.
- The cake’s presentation is visually appealing, often decorated with lemon zest or a drizzle of lemon glaze.
- The lemon flavor is prominent and tangy, adding a zesty and refreshing taste to each bite.
- The cake is moist and tender, melting in your mouth with a delicate texture.
- The sweetness is well-balanced, complementing the tartness of the lemons without overpowering it.
- The combination of citrus and sweetness creates a harmonious flavor profile that is both refreshing and satisfying.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Lemon cake recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥