Homemade Peanut Pound Cake Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
Peanut pound cake information
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Peanut Pound Cake is a rich and indulgent dessert option.
- It is high in calories, fat, and sugar due to the presence of peanuts, butter, and sugar in the recipe.
- It is also a good source of protein and dietary fiber from the peanuts.
- Peanut Pound Cake is best enjoyed as a dessert or a sweet treat.
- It pairs well with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- Peanuts: Provide a rich and nutty flavor to the pound cake.
- Butter: Adds moisture and richness to the cake batter.
- Sugar: Sweetens the cake and contributes to its texture.
- Flour: Provides structure and helps in binding the ingredients.
- Eggs: Act as a leavening agent and add moisture to the cake.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances the flavor of the cake.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Pound cake is a traditional dessert that originated in Europe and has been enjoyed for centuries.
- The addition of peanuts to the pound cake recipe brings a unique twist and adds a nutty flavor.
- Peanuts have a long history and are widely used in various cuisines around the world.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make a homemade peanut pound cake, you will need a stand mixer or a hand mixer for mixing the ingredients.
- Use fresh and high-quality peanuts to enhance the flavor of the cake.
- Toast the peanuts before incorporating them into the cake batter for a deeper and richer taste.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Peanut Pound Cake goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- It can be served alongside a fruit compote or fresh berries for a refreshing contrast.
- Pair it with a glass of milk, a hot cup of tea, or a sweet dessert wine for a delightful combination.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut pound cake recipes and tips
Peanut Pound Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped peanuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Use unsalted peanuts to control the saltiness of the pound cake.
- Toasting the peanuts before chopping them will enhance their flavor.
- Make sure the butter is softened at room temperature for easier creaming.
- Don’t overmix the batter; mix until the ingredients are just combined to avoid a dense texture.
- For added richness, you can drizzle a glaze made of powdered sugar and lemon juice over the cooled pound cake.
Enjoy your homemade peanut pound cake!
Peanut pound cake calories
The calorie content of a peanut pound cake can vary based on the specific recipe and serving size. On average, a slice of peanut pound cake (approximately 1/12th of a 9×5-inch loaf) can contain around 300-400 calories. However, it’s important to note that calorie counts can differ based on the exact ingredients and proportions used in the recipe. To get a more accurate calorie count, it’s recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in your recipe.
- The peanut pound cake has a rich and dense texture.
- The cake has a beautiful golden color with a slightly crumbly crust.
- The aroma of peanuts fills the air when the cake is baked.
- The cake is visually appealing, especially when garnished with crushed peanuts on top.
- The peanut flavor in the cake is pronounced and satisfying.
- The cake is moist and has a buttery, nutty taste.
- The sweetness is well-balanced, allowing the natural flavors of peanuts to shine.
- The cake pairs well with a variety of toppings, such as chocolate ganache or peanut butter frosting.
Note:These descriptions are based on the general characteristics of a peanut pound cake and may vary depending on the specific recipe and individual preferences.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut pound cake recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥