Fresh lemon tiramisu recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for lemon tiramisu that you can make at home!
About Lemon Tiramisu
Health and Nutrition Information:
Lemon Tiramisu is a dessert that offers a burst of citrus flavor. While it is delicious, it is important to note that it is typically higher in calories, sugar, and fat due to the ingredients used in its preparation. Moderation is key when enjoying this dessert as part of a balanced diet.
Lemon Tiramisu is commonly enjoyed as a sweet treat after a meal or as a dessert for special occasions. It provides a refreshing and tangy flavor that can be a delightful way to end a meal.
Lemon Tiramisu typically includes ingredients such as ladyfingers (sponge biscuits), lemon zest, lemon juice, mascarpone cheese, sugar, eggs, and sometimes limoncello (an Italian lemon liqueur). These ingredients combine to create the unique lemony flavor of the dessert.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Tiramisu originated in Italy and has become a popular dessert worldwide. While the classic version of Tiramisu is made with coffee and cocoa, variations such as Lemon Tiramisu offer a twist on the traditional recipe by incorporating lemon flavors. The exact history and cultural background of Lemon Tiramisu may not be as well-defined as the classic version, but it has gained popularity for its refreshing and zesty taste.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
When making Lemon Tiramisu at home, it is important to use fresh lemons to get the best flavor. Zest and juice the lemons just before using to maximize their freshness. It is also recommended to use high-quality mascarpone cheese for a creamy and smooth texture. As for equipment, you will need a mixing bowl, electric mixer, and a rectangular dish or individual serving glasses to layer the dessert.
Food and Beverage Pairing:
Lemon Tiramisu pairs well with various beverages. It complements a cup of freshly brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or herbal lemon tea, which can enhance the citrus notes of the dessert. Additionally, a glass of limoncello, a lemon-flavored liqueur, can be served alongside or poured over the Tiramisu for an extra burst of lemon flavor.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Recipe for lemon tiramisu
Lemon tiramisu Ingredients:
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- 3 lemons (zest and juice)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Lemon tiramisu Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until fully incorporated.
- In a shallow dish, combine the water and vanilla extract. Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the mixture briefly, making sure not to oversoak.
- Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a rectangular dish or individual serving glasses.
- Spread a layer of the mascarpone cream mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of the mascarpone cream on top.
- Cover the dish or glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
- Before serving, dust the top with powdered sugar.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Note:You can also garnish the Lemon Tiramisu with additional lemon zest or fresh lemon slices for extra presentation and flavor.
Please note that this recipe is for reference purposes only, and it’s always best to follow a specific recipe for accurate measurements and instructions. Enjoy your homemade Lemon Tiramisu!
Calories of lemon tiramisu
The calorie content of lemon tiramisu can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, on average, a serving of lemon tiramisu (approximately 1/8th of a 9×9 inch pan) can range from 250 to 350 calories. Keep in mind that this is an estimate and the actual calorie count may vary. If you are looking for a more accurate calculation, it is recommended to input the exact ingredients and quantities into a recipe analyzer or consult a nutritionist.
- Peanut tiramisu recipe
- Peanut pasta recipe
- Peanut Sauce Chicken Recipe
- Peanut cake recipe
- Peanut sticky rice cake recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Fresh lemon tiramisu recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!