Exotic Peanut Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Peanut Coconut Shrimp Information
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut coconut shrimp is a dish that combines the flavors of peanuts, coconut, and shrimp. From a nutritional perspective, this dish offers several benefits. Shrimp is a low-calorie and high-protein seafood option that also contains essential nutrients like selenium, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids. Peanuts provide protein, healthy fats, and various vitamins and minerals. However, it’s important to note that coconut can be high in saturated fat. Therefore, moderation is key when enjoying this dish, especially for those watching their saturated fat intake.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
Peanut coconut shrimp can be a delicious and satisfying meal option. It pairs well with steamed rice or noodles, providing a balanced combination of protein, carbohydrates, and flavors. To prepare this dish, you will need ingredients such as shrimp, peanuts, shredded coconut, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, and spices like chili flakes or curry powder. These ingredients work together to create a harmonious blend of savory, nutty, and tangy flavors.
Historical and Cultural Background:
The historical and cultural background of peanut coconut shrimp may vary depending on the specific cuisine and region. Coconut-based dishes are common in tropical regions where coconuts are abundant, such as Southeast Asian, Caribbean, and coastal cuisines. Shrimp is also a popular seafood choice in many coastal areas. Combining shrimp with peanuts and coconut likely emerged from the desire to create a flavorful and unique dish using locally available ingredients.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make peanut coconut shrimp at home, you’ll need some basic equipment such as a skillet or wok for cooking, a knife for chopping ingredients, and a blender or food processor to prepare the peanut coconut sauce. Here’s a tip: you can enhance the dish by using fresh, high-quality shrimp and toasting the shredded coconut before adding it to the recipe. This adds a delightful crunch and aroma to the dish.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut coconut shrimp can be complemented by various food and beverage pairings. It goes well with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad to add a refreshing and nutritious element to the meal. Additionally, you can enjoy this dish with a cool and tangy citrus-based drink like a limeade or a tropical fruit smoothie to enhance the tropical flavors and provide a refreshing contrast.
I hope this provides you with the information you were looking for about peanut coconut shrimp. Enjoy your meal!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut Coconut Shrimp Recipe and Tips
- 1 pound (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, chili flakes (if using), salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat them evenly. Let the shrimp marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the finely chopped peanuts and shredded coconut.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet or deep pan over medium heat.
- Take each marinated shrimp and press it into the peanut-coconut mixture, coating it on all sides. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the coated shrimp into the pan, ensuring not to overcrowd them. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the pan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the peanut coconut shrimp as a delicious appetizer or main dish. It pairs well with steamed rice or noodles.
- To add extra flavor, consider adding spices like curry powder or turmeric to the peanut-coconut mixture.
- For a healthier option, you can also bake the coated shrimp in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Garnish the cooked shrimp with freshly chopped cilantro or a squeeze of lime juice for added freshness and tanginess.
- Adjust the amount of chili flakes or omit them entirely based on your spice preference.
Enjoy preparing and savoring your homemade peanut coconut shrimp!
Peanut, coconut, shrimp, calories
The calorie content of peanut coconut shrimp can vary based on factors such as the size of the shrimp, the amount of peanuts and coconut used, and the cooking method. Here is a general estimation of the calorie range for peanut coconut shrimp:
On average, a serving of peanut coconut shrimp (approximately 4-6 shrimp) can contain approximately 200 to 300 calories. This estimate includes the calories from shrimp, peanuts, coconut, and any added ingredients like oil or sauces.
It’s important to note that these numbers are approximate and can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion sizes. To get a more accurate calculation of the calorie content, it is recommended to input the exact ingredients and quantities used into a nutrition calculator or consult the packaging labels of the specific products you are using.
If you have a particular recipe in mind, you can provide the specific ingredients and quantities, and I can help you calculate a more precise estimate of the calorie content.
- The peanut coconut shrimp has an enticing appearance with a golden-brown crust and a combination of shredded coconut and chopped peanuts on the outside.
- The aroma of the dish is a delightful mix of savory shrimp, toasted coconut, and nutty fragrance from the peanuts.
- The presentation of the shrimp coated in the peanut and coconut mixture creates an appealing texture that is visually pleasing.
- The first bite offers a satisfying crunch from the crispy coating, revealing tender and succulent shrimp inside.
- The combination of peanuts and coconut provides a unique flavor profile with a subtle sweetness and a nutty richness that enhances the natural taste of the shrimp.
- The dish delivers a delightful balance of savory, sweet, and nutty notes, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
- The shrimp itself is juicy and well-seasoned, complemented by the crunchy texture and nutty taste of the coating.
- The overall taste experience is a delightful fusion of seafood, tropical coconut, and the earthiness of peanuts.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut Coconut Shrimp Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥