Excellent Peanut Fried Rice Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Fried Rice
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Peanut Fried Rice can be a nutritious dish when prepared with balanced ingredients.
- Peanuts are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
- Vegetables used in the fried rice provide essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
- However, the overall healthiness of the dish depends on the cooking method and amount of added fats and sodium.
- Peanut Fried Rice can be enjoyed as a main course for lunch or dinner.
- It is a satisfying and flavorful option for those who enjoy the combination of peanuts and rice.
- Pair it with a side of fresh salad or steamed vegetables to increase the nutritional value.
- Cooked rice
- Chopped vegetables (such as carrots, peas, bell peppers, onions)
- Cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu (optional for added protein)
- Roasted peanuts
- Soy sauce, sesame oil, and other seasonings to taste
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Peanut Fried Rice is a popular dish in many Asian cuisines, particularly in Southeast Asian countries.
- It is a fusion of flavors influenced by the regional cooking styles and ingredients.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Use day-old cooked rice for better texture and separation of grains.
- Preparing all the ingredients in advance will make the cooking process smoother.
- A wok or a large skillet is ideal for stir-frying the rice and other ingredients.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Peanut Fried Rice pairs well with a variety of Asian-inspired dishes such as stir-fried vegetables, sweet and sour chicken, or sesame tofu.
- It can be accompanied by a refreshing beverage like iced green tea or a light fruit-infused water.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut fried rice recipe and tips
Recipe: Peanut Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked rice (preferably day-old)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, bell peppers, onions, etc.)
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and chopped green onions. Stir-fry for about a minute until fragrant.
- If using chicken, shrimp, or tofu, add it to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pan and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Mix the eggs with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are tender-crisp.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and break up any clumps using a spatula.
- Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice. Mix well to distribute the flavors evenly.
- Stir in the roasted peanuts and continue to cook for a few more minutes until everything is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- It’s best to use cooked rice that has been chilled overnight or at least a few hours. This helps to achieve a drier and less sticky texture.
- You can customize the vegetables and protein according to your preference. Feel free to add more variety or omit ingredients as desired.
- For extra flavor, you can add other seasonings like ginger, chili flakes, or a dash of Chinese five-spice powder.
- Be mindful of the amount of soy sauce and salt you use, as the peanuts may already provide some saltiness.
- Garnish with additional chopped green onions or cilantro for added freshness.
Enjoy your homemade peanut fried rice!
The calories of peanut fried rice
The exact calorie content of peanut fried rice can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portion size used. However, on average, a serving of peanut fried rice (approximately 1 cup) can range from 300 to 500 calories. The calorie content can increase if additional protein sources like chicken or shrimp are added. To get a more accurate calorie count, it is recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and amounts used in your recipe.
- Peanut fried rice is a flavorful and satisfying dish.
- It has a delightful combination of nutty and savory flavors.
- The addition of roasted peanuts adds a crunchy texture and richness to the dish.
- The aroma of garlic and sesame oil enhances the overall experience.
- Peanut fried rice has a delicious umami taste that is both comforting and satisfying.
- The nuttiness from the peanuts adds depth and a unique flavor profile.
- The combination of soy sauce and sesame oil gives the dish a savory and slightly sweet taste.
- The vegetables provide freshness and a nice contrast of textures.
- Overall, peanut fried rice is a delicious and enjoyable meal option.
Taste preferences may vary, and it’s always recommended to try the dish yourself to determine your personal impressions and taste evaluation.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut fried rice recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥