Egg Salad Scones
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
Health and Nutritional Information:
Egg Salad Scones:
offer a unique twist on the classic scone by combining the richness of egg salad with the comfort of a baked scone. While this dish provides a flavorful medley, considering its nutritional aspects is essential. The scone base typically contains butter and flour, which can contribute to its calorie and fat content. If you’re mindful of your diet, it’s advisable to enjoy this dish in moderation.
Egg Salad Scones are a wonderful choice for a light brunch or afternoon tea. The fusion of savory egg salad with the flaky scone creates a delightful contrast that’s perfect for a leisurely meal. Keep in mind that due to its rich components, this dish is best suited for an occasional treat rather than a daily staple.
Ingredients and Preparation:
To prepare Egg Salad Scones, gather eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped herbs, and seasonings for the egg salad. For the scone base, you’ll need flour, butter, baking powder, milk, and a touch of salt. The egg salad is typically prepared by combining hard-boiled eggs with the creamy dressing and flavorful seasonings. The scones are baked to perfection and then assembled with a dollop of egg salad.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Egg Salad Scones embrace culinary creativity by merging two beloved components. Scones are a staple in British tea culture, while egg salad is a versatile dish with a presence in various cuisines. This combination showcases an inventive approach to blending textures and flavors.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
For a homemade touch, consider experimenting with different herbs and spices to infuse unique flavors into the egg salad. Additionally, using high-quality butter and fresh herbs in the scone dough can elevate its taste. Basic baking equipment like a mixing bowl, baking sheet, and oven are essential for creating these delectable scones.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Egg Salad Scones can be paired with a range of beverages. Classic tea options like Earl Grey or Darjeeling complement the scones’ delicacy. For a contemporary twist, opt for herbal teas like chamomile or mint to balance the savory flavors. A light and refreshing sparkling lemonade or iced tea can also provide a refreshing contrast.
Savor the experience of Egg Salad Scones while considering its flavorful components and enjoying it as part of a well-rounded diet.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Recipe and Tips
Recipe and Tips:
Ingredients: For the Egg Salad:
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, or dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Scones:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
Preparing the Egg Salad:
- In a bowl, combine the chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and chopped herbs.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Making the Scones:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the milk and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be slightly shaggy.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it comes together.
- Pat the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick. Use a round cutter to cut out scones and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the scones for about 15-18 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top.
- Allow the scones to cool on a wire rack.
Assembling the Egg Salad Scones:
- Once the scones are completely cool, carefully slice them in half horizontally.
- Spoon a generous amount of the prepared egg salad onto the bottom half of each scone.
- Place the top half of the scone on top of the egg salad to create a sandwich.
- Customize the egg salad by adding ingredients like chopped celery, red onion, or a splash of lemon juice for extra flavor and crunch.
- For a burst of color, consider mixing in finely chopped bell peppers or radishes to the egg salad.
- If you prefer a creamier egg salad, you can adjust the amount of mayonnaise according to your taste.
- To achieve flaky scones, make sure the butter is cold and well-distributed in the dough.
- Enjoy the Egg Salad Scones as a light lunch or a delightful afternoon snack.
- Experiment with different herb combinations to enhance the flavors of both the egg salad and the scones.
- Store any leftover egg salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Indulge in the delectable flavors of Egg Salad Scones and explore various ingredient variations to make them uniquely your own!
How many calories?
The calorie count for Egg Salad Scones can vary depending on factors like portion size, specific ingredients used, and cooking methods. Since scones and egg salad can have varying calorie contents based on recipes and serving sizes, I’ll provide a rough estimate for both components. Please keep in mind that these are approximate values and can vary based on specific recipes and ingredients used.
Scones (Per Scone):
- The calorie content of a scone can range from approximately 200 to 300 calories, depending on the size, ingredients, and recipe used. The butter and flour used in scone recipes contribute to the calorie count.
Egg Salad (Per Serving):
- The calorie content of egg salad can vary based on the number of eggs, the amount of mayonnaise used, and any additional ingredients added. On average, a basic egg salad serving (2 hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise and seasonings) could contain around 200 to 250 calories.
Adding up these estimated values, a single Egg Salad Scone could range from around 400 to 550 calories, depending on the size of the scone and the amount of egg salad used.
For a more accurate calorie count, it’s recommended to use a nutrition calculator or app that allows you to input the exact quantities and brands of ingredients you use. This will provide you with a more precise measurement of the dish’s calorie content based on your specific preparation.
Egg Salad Scones present a delightful juxtaposition of textures and flavors. The scones, with their inviting golden exterior, offer a promise of both comfort and elegance. The addition of egg salad atop the scone creates a visually appealing ensemble, inviting the senses to explore the harmonious marriage of bakery and salad elements.
With each bite, the layers of Egg Salad Scones unveil a delightful medley of sensations. The scone’s tender crumb provides a foundation of buttery richness, balanced by a subtle touch of salt. The egg salad, creamy and seasoned to perfection, complements the scone’s flakiness. The creaminess of the egg salad merges harmoniously with the scone’s texture, creating an ensemble of comfort and refinement. This dish harmonizes the contrasting realms of baked goods and savory salads, resulting in a culinary adventure that marries the best of both worlds.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Egg Salad Scones, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥