Sweet Elegance: Egg Custard Tart Recipe
Hello! I’m going to show you the recipe for egg custard tart that you can make at home!
About Egg Custard Tart
Health and Nutrition Information:
Egg Custard Tart is a rich and indulgent dessert that is moderately high in calories and fat.
It is a good source of protein and provides essential nutrients such as vitamins A, D, and E.
However, due to its high sugar and fat content, it is recommended to enjoy it in moderation as a treat.
Egg Custard Tart is commonly enjoyed as a dessert or afternoon tea treat.
It pairs well with a cup of tea or coffee and is perfect for indulging in a sweet treat during a relaxing break.
The main ingredients of Egg Custard Tart include eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and a pastry crust.
Additional flavorings such as nutmeg or cinnamon may be used to enhance the taste.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Egg Custard Tart has a long history and is enjoyed in various cuisines around the world, including British, Portuguese, and Chinese cuisine.
It is often associated with traditional tea-time culture and is a popular dessert in many countries.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
When making Egg Custard Tart at home, it is important to use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
You will need basic kitchen equipment such as a mixing bowl, whisk, tart pan, and oven for baking the tart.
Food and Beverage Pairing:
Egg Custard Tart pairs well with a variety of beverages such as black tea, herbal tea, or coffee.
Its creamy and sweet flavors complement the slightly bitter and aromatic notes of these beverages.
Egg Custard Tart Recipe and Tips
- 1 sheet of ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg (for sprinkling)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry sheet and line a tart pan with it. Trim off any excess pastry.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the custard mixture into the prepared tart shell.
- Sprinkle ground nutmeg on top of the custard.
- Carefully transfer the tart to the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the custard is set and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
- Ensure that the custard is set but still has a slight jiggle in the center when you take it out of the oven. This will prevent it from being overcooked and becoming rubbery.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, you can strain the custard mixture before pouring it into the tart shell.
- For added flavor, you can infuse the milk with a split vanilla bean or citrus zest before heating it.
- If the edges of the tart shell start to brown too quickly during baking, you can cover them with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Allow the tart to cool completely before slicing and serving to achieve a neater presentation.
Enjoy your homemade Egg Custard Tart!
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Egg Custard Tart Calories
The calorie content of an Egg Custard Tart can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. On average, a slice of Egg Custard Tart (approximately 1/8th of a 9-inch tart) can contain around 250-300 calories. However, it’s important to note that the calorie count can differ based on the ingredients and variations in recipes. Additionally, the nutritional information may vary if the tart is homemade or store-bought. If you have a specific recipe or brand in mind, it’s best to refer to the nutritional information provided on the product packaging or calculate the calories based on the ingredients used in your homemade version.
Egg Custard Tart is a classic dessert that is known for its creamy, smooth custard filling encased in a buttery, flaky crust. It has an elegant and inviting appearance, with the golden-brown top adding to its visual appeal.
Egg Custard Tart offers a delightful combination of rich, velvety custard and a delicate pastry crust. The custard is subtly sweet with a hint of vanilla, providing a creamy and luscious texture that melts in your mouth. The crust adds a pleasant buttery flavor and a satisfying crunch, complementing the creamy custard perfectly. Together, they create a harmonious balance of flavors and textures that is both comforting and indulgent.
Overall, Egg Custard Tart is a timeless dessert that appeals to those with a fondness for creamy and custard-based treats. Its delicate sweetness and smooth consistency make it a delightful choice for dessert lovers, and it pairs wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Egg custard tart recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!