Delicious Sweet Pumpkin Tomato Cookie Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Sweet Pumpkin Tomato Cookies
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Sweet pumpkin tomato cookies can be a healthier alternative to traditional cookies as they incorporate nutritious ingredients like sweet pumpkin and tomatoes.
- Sweet pumpkin is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber, which can support immune function and promote digestive health.
- Tomatoes are a good source of antioxidants, such as lycopene, which has been linked to various health benefits, including heart health.
- Sweet pumpkin tomato cookies can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert option.
- They can be a fun addition to a Halloween or Thanksgiving-themed party or enjoyed year-round as a tasty treat.
- The main ingredients for sweet pumpkin tomato cookies typically include sweet pumpkin puree, tomatoes (such as sun-dried tomatoes), flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and a variety of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Sweet pumpkin tomato cookies are a creative twist on traditional cookies, combining the flavors of sweet pumpkin and tomatoes.
- The specific history and cultural background of this recipe may vary, but it is likely a modern adaptation that highlights the versatility of sweet pumpkin and tomatoes in baking.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making sweet pumpkin tomato cookies at home, it’s recommended to use fresh sweet pumpkin or canned pumpkin puree for convenience.
- Sun-dried tomatoes can be used to add concentrated tomato flavor to the cookies.
- Basic baking equipment such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer, and a baking sheet are typically used for this recipe.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Sweet pumpkin tomato cookies can be paired with a variety of beverages, including tea, coffee, milk, or even a glass of fruit juice.
- They can also be served alongside other desserts or as part of a cookie platter for a delightful sweet treat.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin tomato cookie recipe and tips
- 1 cup sweet pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the sweet pumpkin puree and mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you don’t have sun-dried tomatoes, you can substitute them with finely chopped fresh tomatoes. Just make sure to remove excess moisture before adding them to the dough.
- Adjust the amount of spices according to your taste preference. You can also add other spices like ginger or allspice for extra flavor.
- For a softer texture, you can slightly underbake the cookies by reducing the baking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins, such as chopped nuts or chocolate chips, to customize the cookies to your liking.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Enjoy your sweet pumpkin tomato cookies!
Sweet pumpkin tomato cookie calories
The calorie content of sweet pumpkin tomato cookies can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, as a general estimate, sweet pumpkin tomato cookies typically contain around 100-150 calories per cookie, assuming a standard serving size. Please note that this is just an approximation, and the actual calorie content may vary. If you have a specific recipe or brand in mind, I can provide a more accurate estimate if you provide the details.
- The sweet pumpkin tomato cookies are visually appealing with their vibrant orange color and hints of red from the tomatoes.
- The aroma of the cookies is delightful, combining the sweetness of pumpkin with the savory notes of tomatoes.
- The texture of the cookies is soft and slightly chewy, providing a pleasant mouthfeel.
- The sweet pumpkin flavor is prominent, adding a natural sweetness to the cookies.
- The addition of tomatoes adds a unique twist, providing a subtle tanginess that balances the sweetness.
- The combination of sweet and savory flavors creates a delicious and unexpected taste experience.
- The flavors of pumpkin and tomato complement each other well, resulting in a harmonious blend.
- Overall, the sweet pumpkin tomato cookies are a delightful treat that offers a delightful balance of flavors.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Sweet pumpkin tomato cookie recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥