Delicious Sweet Pumpkin Chicken Tomato Stew Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Sweet Pumpkin Chicken Tomato Stew
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew is a nutritious dish packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Sweet pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Chicken provides lean protein, while tomatoes offer antioxidants and lycopene.
- The stew is low in fat and can be made healthier by using lean cuts of chicken and reducing added fats.
- This hearty stew makes for a satisfying and nourishing meal option.
- It is perfect for cooler days or when you’re looking for a comforting and wholesome dish.
- Enjoy it as a main course, accompanied by crusty bread or steamed rice.
- Sweet pumpkin: Provides natural sweetness and adds a unique flavor to the stew.
- Chicken: Adds protein and contributes to the heartiness of the dish.
- Tomatoes: Provide a tangy and acidic base for the stew.
- Herbs and spices: Enhance the flavor profile with their aromatic qualities.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- There is no specific historical or cultural background associated with sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew. However, variations of pumpkin and chicken stews can be found in different culinary traditions around the world.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To enhance the flavor, consider sautéing the chicken and vegetables before adding them to the stew.
- Use a large pot or Dutch oven to allow the ingredients to simmer and meld together.
- Adjust the seasonings to your taste preferences, adding herbs like thyme, rosemary, or bay leaves for extra depth.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew pairs well with crusty bread, rice, or mashed potatoes.
- A side salad with fresh greens and a tangy vinaigrette can complement the stew’s flavors.
- For beverages, consider serving it with a light red wine, such as a Pinot Noir or Beaujolais, or a refreshing iced tea.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew recipe and tips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups sweet pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the chicken cubes to the pot and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the diced sweet pumpkin, diced tomatoes (with their juice), chicken broth, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the stew simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the pumpkin is tender.
- Taste the stew and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve the sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
- For added flavor, you can season the chicken cubes with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices before cooking them.
- If you prefer a thicker stew, you can mash some of the cooked pumpkin pieces with a fork or blend a portion of the stew using an immersion blender.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or spinach to the stew for added nutrition and variety.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated when ready to enjoy.
Enjoy your delicious sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew!
Sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew calories
The calorie content of sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew can vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used. Here’s a rough estimate of the calorie content for a typical serving of sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew (approximately 1 cup or 240 ml):
Calories: 200-250 calories
Please note that this is an approximation and the actual calorie content may vary based on the specific ingredients and cooking methods used. It’s always a good idea to calculate the calories based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients you use in your recipe.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Sweet pumpkin chicken tomato stew recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥