Delicious Shrimp Caprese Finger Food Recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for shrimp capreze finger food that you can make at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Shrimp Capreze Finger Food
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food is a dish that combines shrimp, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze.
- Shrimp is a lean source of protein and provides essential nutrients like selenium and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese offers calcium, protein, and vitamins.
- Cherry tomatoes and basil provide antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Balsamic glaze adds flavor but should be consumed in moderation due to its sugar content.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food is a great option as an appetizer, snack, or part of a light meal.
- It typically includes ingredients such as cooked shrimp, fresh mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and balsamic glaze.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food is a creative twist on the classic Caprese salad, which originated in Italy.
- The Caprese salad traditionally consists of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil, representing the colors of the Italian flag.
- The addition of shrimp adds a seafood element to the dish.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make Shrimp Caprese Finger Food at home, you will need skewers or toothpicks to assemble the ingredients.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavors and textures.
- You can marinate the shrimp in olive oil, garlic, and herbs before grilling or cooking to enhance the flavor.
- Serve the dish on a platter or individual plates for an elegant presentation.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food pairs well with a variety of beverages, including white wine, sparkling wine, or a refreshing mocktail.
- It can be served as part of a charcuterie board or alongside other finger foods and appetizers.
- The light and fresh flavors of the dish complement a range of summery salads or Mediterranean-inspired main courses.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Shrimp Capreze Finger Food Recipe and Tips
- Cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini or ciliegine)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Skewers or toothpicks
- Prepare the shrimp by cooking them until they are pink and opaque. You can boil, grill, or sauté them according to your preference. Let them cool.
- Take a skewer or toothpick and thread one cooked shrimp onto it.
- Follow with a fresh mozzarella ball, a cherry tomato, and a fresh basil leaf. Repeat this pattern until you have assembled all the skewers.
- Arrange the Shrimp Caprese Finger Food skewers on a serving platter.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the skewers or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Serve the Shrimp Caprese Finger Food immediately and enjoy!
- Use large, firm shrimp for easier skewering and better presentation.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before assembling to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- You can add variety by marinating the shrimp in olive oil, garlic, and herbs before cooking for extra flavor.
- For added freshness and flavor, sprinkle a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper over the assembled skewers.
- Choose ripe and sweet cherry tomatoes for a burst of flavor.
- If you can’t find balsamic glaze, you can make your own by simmering balsamic vinegar until it thickens and reduces into a syrupy consistency.
- Customize the skewers by adding other ingredients like olives, roasted peppers, or prosciutto for additional flavors and textures.
- Serve the Shrimp Caprese Finger Food as an appetizer, at parties, or as part of a buffet spread.
Enjoy your delicious Shrimp Caprese Finger Food with its delightful combination of shrimp, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze!
Shrimp Capreze Finger Food Calories
The calorie content of Shrimp Caprese Finger Food can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portion size. Here’s an approximate calorie estimate for the basic components of Shrimp Caprese Finger Food:
- Cooked shrimp (3 ounces/85 grams): Approximately 90-100 calories
- Fresh mozzarella balls (3 balls/1 ounce/28 grams): Approximately 70-80 calories
- Cherry tomatoes (3 tomatoes/1 ounce/28 grams): Approximately 10-15 calories
- Fresh basil leaves (3 leaves/1 ounce/28 grams): Approximately 5-10 calories
- Balsamic glaze (1 tablespoon/15 ml): Approximately 20-30 calories
Please note that these calorie estimates are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands or ingredients used, as well as any variations in the recipe. It’s always a good idea to calculate the exact calorie content based on the specific brands and amounts of ingredients you use, especially if you have specific dietary requirements or are following a calorie-controlled diet.
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food presents an elegant and visually appealing appetizer with its vibrant colors and delicate arrangement of ingredients.
- The combination of plump shrimp, creamy mozzarella, juicy cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves creates a visually enticing presentation.
- The skewered presentation adds a fun and convenient aspect, making it easy to enjoy this flavorful finger food.
- The succulent shrimp provides a mild sweetness and tender texture, balanced by the creamy and slightly tangy mozzarella.
- The burst of flavor from the ripe cherry tomatoes adds a refreshing and juicy element to each bite.
- The aromatic and herbaceous notes from the fresh basil leaves elevate the overall taste profile.
- The drizzle of balsamic glaze imparts a sweet and tangy flavor that complements the other ingredients and adds a delightful finishing touch.
- The combination of shrimp, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze creates a harmonious balance of flavors, providing a mix of savory, creamy, tangy, and herbaceous notes.
- The individual components come together seamlessly, resulting in a delightful and well-rounded taste experience.
- Shrimp Caprese Finger Food offers a light and refreshing appetizer that is perfect for summer gatherings or as an elegant starter to a meal.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
♥Shrimp Capreze Finger Food Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!♥