Delicious Carrot Scones Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Carrot Scone
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Carrot scones can be a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins (such as vitamin A and vitamin C), and minerals.
- They are relatively low in calories, especially if made with healthier ingredients like whole wheat flour and minimal added sugars.
- However, the nutritional content can vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used.
- Carrot scones can be enjoyed as a breakfast or brunch option, paired with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Common ingredients for carrot scones include grated carrots, flour (often a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour), baking powder, butter or oil, sugar or sweetener, milk or buttermilk, and optional spices or flavorings.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Scones originated in Scotland and have been enjoyed as a traditional British baked treat for centuries. Carrot scones may be a variation of the classic scone recipe, incorporating grated carrots for added flavor and nutrition.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
- When making carrot scones at home, it’s recommended to use freshly grated carrots for the best texture and flavor.
- Basic kitchen equipment such as mixing bowls, a pastry cutter or fork for cutting in the butter, and a baking sheet or scone pan are typically used for preparing and baking the scones.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Carrot scones pair well with a variety of spreads and toppings, such as cream cheese, butter, or jam.
- They can be served alongside a cup of tea, coffee, or a refreshing glass of iced tea.
Please note that the information provided is a general overview and may vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used to make carrot scones.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Carrot scone recipes and tips
Carrot Scone Recipe:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the grated carrots.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and vanilla extract. Gradually add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently a few times until it becomes smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) thickness. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out scones and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
Tips for making carrot scones:
- Use freshly grated carrots for the best texture and flavor.
- Be careful not to overmix the dough to avoid dense scones. Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Feel free to add other ingredients to customize your scones, such as raisins, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.
- Serve the scones warm or at room temperature with your favorite spreads or toppings, such as cream cheese, butter, or jam.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days.
Enjoy your homemade carrot scones!
Carrot scone calories
The calorie content of carrot scones can vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size. On average, a carrot scone may contain approximately 200-250 calories per serving. However, it’s important to note that calorie counts can differ based on the ingredients used and the size of the scone. If you have a specific recipe or serving size in mind, I can provide a more accurate estimate for you.
- The carrot scone has a delightful appearance with specks of orange from the grated carrots.
- The texture is light and crumbly, making it a perfect choice for breakfast or afternoon tea.
- The aroma of warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg adds a cozy and inviting touch.
- The carrot scone has a subtly sweet and earthy flavor from the carrots.
- It offers a pleasant balance between the sweetness of the carrots and the buttery richness of the scone.
- The hint of spice adds depth and warmth to the overall taste.
- When paired with a dollop of cream or a drizzle of honey, it enhances the sweetness and adds a creamy element to each bite.
Please note that these impressions and taste evaluations are subjective and can vary based on individual preferences and specific recipes.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Carrot scone recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥