Delicious Apple Tanghulu Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Apple Tanghulu
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Apple Tanghulu is a sweet treat made with fresh apples and a hard candy coating.
- Apples are a nutritious fruit, rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C.
- However, the hard candy coating adds sugar and calories, so it’s best enjoyed in moderation as an occasional indulgence.
- Apple Tanghulu is typically enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
- It can be a fun addition to parties, gatherings, or as a sweet treat during special occasions.
Information about Ingredients:
- Apples: Choose firm and crisp apples, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, for a nice balance of tartness and sweetness.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is typically used to make the hard candy coating.
- Skewers: Wooden or bamboo skewers are commonly used to thread the apple slices.
Historical or Cultural Background:
- Tanghulu is a traditional Chinese street food, where skewered fruits, such as apples, are coated in a hard candy shell.
- It is a popular snack enjoyed during festivals and celebrations in China.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
- Making Apple Tanghulu at home is relatively simple. Start by washing and drying the apples thoroughly.
- Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature of the sugar syrup when making the hard candy coating.
- Skewers or sticks can be easily found at cooking supply stores or online.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Apple Tanghulu can be enjoyed on its own as a sweet snack.
- It can be paired with a variety of beverages, such as apple cider, hot chocolate, or even a sparkling cider for a more festive occasion.
I hope this provides the information you were looking for! Enjoy making and savoring your Apple Tanghulu!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Apple Tanghulu recipe and tips
- Fresh apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or any firm and crisp variety)
- Granulated sugar
- Skewers or popsicle sticks
- Wash the apples thoroughly and remove any stickers. Pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Insert a skewer or popsicle stick into the top of each apple, ensuring it is securely in place.
- In a medium saucepan, combine equal parts granulated sugar and water. For example, you can start with 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue boiling without stirring until the syrup reaches the hard crack stage, which is around 300°F (150°C) on a candy thermometer.
- Once the syrup reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Dip each apple into the syrup, swirling it around to coat it evenly. Allow any excess syrup to drip off before placing the coated apple on a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicone mat.
- Repeat the dipping process with the remaining apples, working quickly before the syrup hardens.
- Let the coated apples cool and harden completely at room temperature. This may take about 15-20 minutes.
- Once hardened, your Apple Tanghulu is ready to be enjoyed!
- Choose apples that are firm and crisp to provide a nice contrast in texture with the hard candy coating.
- It’s essential to work quickly when dipping the apples, as the syrup can harden fast. If needed, you can reheat the syrup slightly to maintain the right consistency.
- Consider adding a touch of food coloring or flavoring extracts, such as cinnamon or vanilla, to the syrup for extra variety and flavor.
Enjoy your homemade Apple Tanghulu!
Calories of apple tanghulu
The calorie content of apple tanghulu can vary depending on the specific quantity of ingredients used and the size of the coated apples. However, I can provide you with a general estimation of the calorie range for this treat.
On average, one piece of apple tanghulu (coated apple on a stick) can contain approximately 80 to 120 calories. This estimate includes the apple and the hard candy coating.
Please note that the actual calorie count may vary based on factors such as the size of the apples, the thickness of the candy coating, and any additional ingredients or toppings used.
If you have a specific recipe or ingredient quantities, it’s best to calculate the calorie content by referring to the nutritional information of the individual ingredients and summing them up.
Remember to enjoy apple tanghulu in moderation as a sweet treat and part of a balanced diet.
Enjoy your apple tanghulu, and savor this delightful treat!
- Apple Tanghulu presents an appealing sight with bright and glossy apples coated in a shiny and transparent hard candy shell on a stick.
- The combination of the vibrant red or green color of the apples with the glossy candy coating creates an eye-catching and enticing appearance.
- The skewered presentation of the tanghulu adds a playful and enjoyable element to the overall impression.
- The first bite offers a delightful contrast of textures, where the crisp and refreshing apple meets the crunchy and sweet candy coating.
- The hard candy shell provides a satisfying crackling sensation as you bite into it, revealing the juicy and natural sweetness of the apple.
- The tartness or sweetness of the apple complements the sugary and crunchy candy coating, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavors.
- The combination of textures and flavors in the tanghulu creates an enjoyable treat that is visually appealing and delicious.
I hope this accurately captures the impressions and taste evaluation of the Apple Tanghulu. Enjoy making and savoring this delightful treat!
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Apple Tanghulu Recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥