Crunchy Peanut Cracker Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Peanut Crackers
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut crackers are a popular snack, and it’s important to consider their health and nutritional aspects. These crackers are typically made with peanuts, flour, and other ingredients. Peanuts are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium, and phosphorus. However, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes, as peanut crackers can be calorie-dense. They may also contain added salt or sugar, so it’s advisable to check the nutrition label for specific information and choose options with lower sodium and sugar content.
Meal Recommendation and Ingredients:
Peanut crackers are commonly enjoyed as a snack rather than a full meal. They can be paired with various accompaniments or enjoyed on their own. As a snack, they go well with dips like hummus or salsa, or can be incorporated into cheese and charcuterie boards for added texture and flavor. The ingredients for peanut crackers typically include peanuts, flour, butter or oil, baking powder, salt, and optional seasonings for added flavor.
Historical and Cultural Background:
The exact history and cultural background of peanut crackers may vary depending on the region and the specific recipe. However, peanuts have a long history of cultivation and consumption, dating back thousands of years. Peanuts are native to South America and have been a significant part of various cuisines around the world. In some cultures, peanuts are considered a staple food and have cultural significance in traditional dishes and celebrations.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make homemade peanut crackers, you’ll need a few basic kitchen tools, including a mixing bowl, rolling pin, baking sheet, and an oven. Here’s a tip: consider adding other ingredients like herbs, spices, or grated cheese to the dough for added flavor. You can also experiment with different types of flours, such as whole wheat or almond flour, for variations in texture and nutritional profile.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut crackers can be paired with a variety of food and beverage options. They are commonly served as part of appetizer platters or as a snack with dips and spreads. Peanut crackers can complement savory flavors, so they go well with cheese, cured meats, or even vegetable crudités. As for beverages, they can be enjoyed with a range of options, including beer, wine, or non-alcoholic beverages like iced tea or sparkling water.
I hope you find this information helpful for peanut crackers. Enjoy your snack!
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut cracker recipes and tips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, chopped peanuts, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use your fingers or a pastry cutter to incorporate the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the cold water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut the dough into desired shapes, such as squares or rectangles.
- Transfer the cut crackers onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crackers turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- For extra flavor, you can add spices like paprika, garlic powder, or dried herbs to the dough.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of nuts or seeds in place of peanuts for variety.
- If you prefer a sweeter version, you can add a tablespoon of sugar to the dough.
- To achieve a uniform thickness, you can use rolling guides or a rolling pin with adjustable thickness rings.
- Ensure that the butter is cold when incorporating it into the dough, as this helps create a flaky texture.
- Store the cooled peanut crackers in an airtight container to maintain their crispness.
Enjoy making your own homemade peanut crackers and savoring them as a delicious snack!
Peanut cracker calories
The calorie content of peanut crackers can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. Here is a general estimation of the calorie range for peanut crackers:
On average, a serving of peanut crackers (about 1 ounce or 28 grams) can contain approximately 130 to 150 calories. This estimate includes the calories from the flour, peanuts, butter, and other ingredients used in the recipe.
Keep in mind that the calorie content may vary based on the specific brand, variations in ingredients, and the size and thickness of the crackers.
To get a more accurate calculation of the calorie content, it is recommended to input the exact ingredients and quantities used into a nutrition calculator or consult the packaging labels of the specific products you are using.
Remember to be mindful of portion sizes when enjoying peanut crackers, as consuming larger quantities will increase the overall calorie intake.
If you are concerned about the calorie content, consider opting for healthier alternatives such as whole grain or baked crackers, and moderating your portion sizes accordingly.
Please note that the provided calorie estimation is for general informational purposes, and it’s always best to refer to specific product labels or consult a healthcare professional for precise dietary information.
- Peanut crackers have a visually appealing appearance with their crispy texture and specks of chopped peanuts.
- The uniform shape and golden color of the crackers give a sense of neatness and precision.
- The aroma of peanut crackers is enticing, with a subtle nutty fragrance that invites you to take a bite.
- The first bite of a peanut cracker offers a satisfying crunch that gives way to a rich, nutty flavor.
- The combination of the crispy cracker and the slight saltiness of the peanuts creates a pleasant contrast in texture and taste.
- The peanuts provide a delightful roasted flavor that adds depth and complexity to the overall experience.
- The balance between the savory cracker and the nutty peanuts makes for a tasty and enjoyable snack.
- The addictive nature of peanut crackers often leaves you reaching for more, as their combination of crunch and flavor is highly satisfying.
I hope these descriptions give you a sense of the impressions and taste of peanut crackers!
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut cracker recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥