Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower
Health and Nutrition Information:
Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower is a nutritious dish. Chicken provides lean protein, while cauliflower adds vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. The use of za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend, can offer additional health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties.
This dish is perfect for a hearty dinner. It’s a well-balanced meal with protein and vegetables, making it a satisfying and nutritious option for those seeking a wholesome dinner.
Popularity by Country:
Za’atar is a popular spice blend in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines, so you’ll find dishes like this in countries across the region. However, variations of crispy chicken and cauliflower are enjoyed in many countries globally.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Za’atar has a rich history in Middle Eastern cuisine, dating back centuries. It’s a blend of herbs like thyme, oregano, sumac, sesame seeds, and salt. Its use in cooking is deeply rooted in the culinary traditions of the Middle East.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
For the crispiest chicken, consider marinating it in buttermilk or yogurt before coating it with the za’atar mixture. Use an oven or an air fryer to achieve that crispy texture without deep-frying. A sheet pan or a baking dish is handy for roasting the chicken and cauliflower together.
Food and Beverage Pairing:
Pair this dish with a refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce (tzatziki) or a tahini-based sauce for a creamy contrast. As for beverages, consider serving it with a glass of chilled mint tea, a classic Middle Eastern choice, or a light white wine.
Cost of Ingredients:
The cost of ingredients for Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower can vary based on where you live and the quality of the ingredients you choose. Generally, chicken and cauliflower are reasonably priced, and za’atar is relatively affordable. It’s a budget-friendly dish that delivers on flavor and nutrition.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Cooking time, Recipe and Tips, Storage and Shelf Life
The cooking time for Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower will depend on your specific cooking method and the size of the chicken pieces and cauliflower florets. On average, it takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes to prepare and cook this dish. Here’s a rough breakdown:
- Preparing the chicken and cauliflower: 10-15 minutes
- Marinating time (if applicable): 30 minutes to a few hours
- Baking or roasting: 20-25 minutes
- Resting time: 5 minutes
Recipe and Tips:
- Chicken pieces (such as thighs or drumsticks)
- Cauliflower florets
- Za’atar spice blend
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you choose to marinate the chicken, coat it with a mixture of olive oil and za’atar spice blend. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or longer for more flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, za’atar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange the marinated chicken and seasoned cauliflower on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the cauliflower is tender and slightly crispy at the edges.
- Let the dish rest for a few minutes before serving.
Storage and Shelf Life:
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- For longer storage, you can freeze the cooked chicken and cauliflower in airtight freezer-safe containers for up to 2-3 months.
- To reheat, use an oven or toaster oven to help maintain the crispy texture. Reheat until the chicken is heated through and the cauliflower is crisp.
- While za’atar chicken and cauliflower can be refrigerated and reheated, it’s best enjoyed fresh for optimal texture and flavor.
How many calories?
The number of calories in Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower can vary based on the specific ingredients used and portion sizes. Here’s a rough estimate of the calorie content for a typical serving of this dish, excluding additional sauces or sides:
- Chicken: Approximately 150-200 calories per 4-ounce (113-gram) serving, depending on the cut and whether it’s skinless or with skin.
- Cauliflower: Approximately 25-30 calories per cup (100 grams) of raw cauliflower.
- Olive oil: About 120 calories per tablespoon (only a small amount is typically used for roasting).
- Za’atar spice blend: Negligible calorie contribution.
So, for a typical serving of Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower, you can estimate a total of approximately 175-230 calories. Keep in mind that the calorie count may vary based on the specific brands and preparation methods you use, so it’s a rough estimate. If you add sauces or sides, be sure to account for those additional calories.
- The visual presentation of Crispy Za’atar Chicken and Cauliflower is enticing. The golden-brown, crispy chicken pieces paired with roasted cauliflower create an appealing and appetizing appearance.
- The aroma is inviting, with hints of the earthy za’atar spice blend and the savory scent of roasting chicken. It whets the appetite and promises flavorful bites ahead.
- The combination of textures is delightful. The chicken is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, while the roasted cauliflower offers a slight crunch. This textural interplay adds to the overall enjoyment of the dish.
- The first bite is a burst of flavor. The za’atar spice blend infuses the chicken with a delightful mix of herbal, nutty, and slightly tangy notes.
- The chicken’s crispy exterior is a satisfying contrast to its juicy and well-seasoned interior. The za’atar seasoning enhances the overall taste without overwhelming the dish.
- The roasted cauliflower adds a pleasant earthy flavor and a textural contrast, making it a worthy companion to the chicken.
- Together, the combination of crispy chicken and za’atar-roasted cauliflower results in a well-balanced, flavorful, and satisfying dish that showcases the beauty of Middle Eastern-inspired cuisine.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥