Creamy Egg Pasta Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Egg Pasta
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Eggs are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Pasta provides carbohydrates for energy.
- Additional ingredients such as vegetables and herbs can add nutritional value.
- Egg pasta is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
- It can be paired with a side salad or served as a main course.
- Vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach)
- Herbs and spices (e.g., garlic, basil, oregano)
- Cheese (optional)
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Egg pasta is a popular dish in Italian cuisine and has a long history in Mediterranean cooking.
- It has been enjoyed for generations as a comforting and satisfying meal.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, as overcooking can result in a mushy texture.
- A pasta pot, colander, and a good-quality skillet or saucepan are essential equipment for preparing egg pasta.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Egg pasta pairs well with a variety of sauces, such as marinara, Alfredo, or pesto.
- It can be enjoyed with a glass of wine, such as a light-bodied white or a medium-bodied red, depending on personal preference.
Please note that the above information is a general guideline, and specific recipes and variations may have different nutritional profiles and recommended pairings.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Egg pasta recipes and tips
Recipe: Egg Pasta
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Crack the eggs into the well and whisk them gently with a fork.
- Slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. If the dough is too dry, add water, one tablespoon at a time, until it comes together.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with a clean cloth, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, divide the dough into smaller portions and roll each portion into a thin sheet using a rolling pin or pasta machine.
- Cut the rolled dough into desired shapes, such as fettuccine, spaghetti, or lasagna sheets.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with your favorite sauce or ingredients.
- Use a pasta machine for evenly thin and consistent pasta sheets.
- Dust the dough and working surface with flour to prevent sticking.
- Experiment with adding herbs, spices, or vegetable purees to the dough for flavor and color variations.
- Adjust the water amount as needed to achieve the right consistency of the dough.
- Store homemade egg pasta in an airtight container or freeze it for later use.
Enjoy your homemade egg pasta with your favorite sauce, vegetables, or protein for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Calories of egg pasta
The calorie content of egg pasta can vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size. On average, one cup (about 140 grams) of cooked egg pasta contains approximately 200-220 calories. However, it’s important to note that additional ingredients, such as sauce, cheese, or meat, will contribute to the overall calorie count of the dish. To get a more accurate estimation of the calorie content, it’s recommended to calculate the calories based on the specific ingredients and portions used in your recipe.
- The egg pasta recipe is a delightful and comforting dish.
- The combination of fresh ingredients and the richness of eggs creates a satisfying meal.
- The aroma of the cooked pasta and the flavors infused in the dish are truly inviting.
- The vibrant colors of the ingredients make the egg pasta visually appealing.
- The egg pasta has a silky texture and a rich, creamy taste.
- The eggs add a subtle richness and depth to the overall flavor profile.
- The pasta is perfectly cooked, maintaining a nice al dente texture.
- The flavors of the sauce and seasonings blend harmoniously with the eggs and pasta.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Egg pasta recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥