Creamy Egg Mayonnaise Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Egg Mayonnaise
Health and Nutritional Information:
Egg Mayonnaise is a popular and creamy condiment made with eggs, oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and seasonings. While it can be a tasty addition to sandwiches, salads, and other dishes, it’s essential to be mindful of its nutritional aspects. Mayonnaise is relatively high in calories and fat, primarily due to the oil content. Moderation is key when consuming egg mayonnaise, especially for those watching their calorie and fat intake. Consider using light mayonnaise or making a homemade version with healthier oils to reduce the calorie and fat content. As with any condiment, use it in moderation and pair it with nutritious ingredients to enhance the overall meal’s nutritional value.
Egg Mayonnaise is a versatile condiment that can elevate various dishes. It can be used as a spread for sandwiches, a dressing for salads, or a dip for snacks like veggies or chips. When incorporating it into meals, opt for whole-grain bread for sandwiches and a variety of fresh vegetables for salads. By pairing it with wholesome ingredients, you can create a balanced and satisfying meal that includes protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
The main ingredients for Egg Mayonnaise are eggs, oil (such as vegetable oil or olive oil), vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. You can also add garlic or other seasonings to enhance the flavor.
History and Cultural Background: Mayonnaise’s origin is somewhat disputed, with both France and Spain claiming its invention. Regardless of its exact origins, mayonnaise has become a widely used and beloved condiment worldwide. Its creamy and tangy flavor makes it a popular choice for a variety of dishes and cuisines. The addition of eggs to the mayonnaise recipe adds richness and creaminess to the condiment.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
To make homemade Egg Mayonnaise, use fresh and high-quality eggs, as they play a crucial role in the condiment’s texture and flavor. When preparing the mayonnaise, slowly add the oil to the egg mixture while whisking continuously to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. The use of a food processor or an immersion blender can simplify the process and help emulsify the ingredients effectively.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Egg Mayonnaise pairs well with a wide range of dishes. It complements sandwiches with various fillings, such as chicken, tuna, or vegetables. It also enhances the taste of salads, such as potato salad or coleslaw. As for beverages, consider pairing egg mayonnaise-based dishes with refreshing options like iced tea, lemonade, or sparkling water, as they can balance the richness of the condiment.
In conclusion, Egg Mayonnaise is a versatile and flavorful condiment that can elevate a variety of dishes. While it can be enjoyed in moderation, using wholesome ingredients and pairing it with nutritious food choices can enhance the overall nutritional value of the meal. With some homemade tips and basic kitchen equipment, you can create a delicious version of Egg Mayonnaise to elevate your culinary creations.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Egg mayonnaise recipe and tips
Egg Mayonnaise Recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 clove garlic (minced) or other seasonings to taste
- Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for about 9-12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and transfer the eggs to an ice bath to cool quickly and stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled, peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Make the Mayonnaise:
- In a food processor or blender, add the peeled hard-boiled eggs, vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- If using garlic or other seasonings, add them as well.
- Pulse the mixture a few times to combine the ingredients.
- Slowly Add Oil:
- With the food processor or blender running, slowly drizzle the oil into the egg mixture in a thin, steady stream. This helps create a smooth and creamy emulsion.
- Continue blending until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, similar to store-bought mayonnaise.
- Adjust Seasoning:
- Taste the homemade mayonnaise and adjust the salt, pepper, or any other seasonings to your liking.
- Transfer the homemade Egg Mayonnaise to a clean, airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Egg Mayonnaise Tips:
- Fresh Eggs: Use fresh and high-quality eggs for the best results. Fresh eggs contribute to a smoother texture and better flavor.
- Slowly Add Oil: When adding the oil, make sure to do it slowly and steadily to create a stable emulsion. If you add the oil too quickly, the mixture may separate, and the mayonnaise won’t thicken.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allowing the eggs and other ingredients to come to room temperature before blending can help the mayonnaise emulsify more easily.
- Light Olive Oil: If you prefer a milder taste, you can use light olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Light olive oil has a more delicate flavor, which can work well in mayonnaise.
- Mustard: The addition of Dijon mustard not only enhances the flavor but also helps stabilize the emulsion.
- Garlic and Seasonings: Customize the mayonnaise by adding minced garlic or other favorite seasonings, such as paprika or herbs, to suit your taste preferences.
- Store Properly: Store the homemade Egg Mayonnaise in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Homemade mayonnaise typically has a shorter shelf life than store-bought versions, so consume it within one week.
With these tips, you can make a creamy and flavorful Egg Mayonnaise at home to elevate your sandwiches, salads, and other dishes. Enjoy the freshness and customization of homemade mayonnaise in your culinary creations!
Calories of egg mayonnaise
The calorie content of Egg Mayonnaise can vary depending on the specific recipe and the quantity of ingredients used. However, I can provide you with a rough estimation of the calories in a standard Egg Mayonnaise recipe.
On average, one tablespoon (about 15 grams) of Egg Mayonnaise contains approximately 90 to 100 calories. This calorie count is primarily due to the high-fat content of mayonnaise, which is primarily made of oil and egg yolks.
Keep in mind that the calorie count can change based on the type and amount of oil used, as well as any additional ingredients like mustard, vinegar, or seasonings.
If you are concerned about calorie intake or have specific dietary requirements, it’s essential to calculate the calories based on your recipe and ingredient measurements or consult a registered dietitian for personalized advice. Remember that mayonnaise is a calorie-dense condiment, so it’s best to use it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
The Egg Mayonnaise recipe offers a simple yet versatile condiment that can elevate various dishes with its creamy and smooth texture. The use of eggs as a base ingredient promises richness and adds a unique twist to the classic mayonnaise, making it an appealing and satisfying addition to a variety of culinary creations.
Upon tasting the Egg Mayonnaise, the first impression is the velvety and creamy texture that coats the palate with a luscious mouthfeel. The combination of eggs, oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and seasonings results in a harmonious blend of flavors, where the slight tanginess from the vinegar or lemon juice complements the rich and savory notes from the eggs. The mustard, if used, adds a subtle spiciness and depth to the taste profile. The Egg Mayonnaise provides a delectable and indulgent experience, making it an ideal condiment for sandwiches, salads, and dips. Its versatility and ability to enhance various dishes make it a cherished and delightful addition to any meal.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Egg mayonnaise recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥