Comforting Sweet Pumpkin Meatball Stew Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Sweet Pumpkin Meatball Stew
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Sweet pumpkin meatball stew is a nutritious dish packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber from the sweet pumpkin.
- Sweet pumpkin is low in calories and fat, while providing a good amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- The meatballs contribute to the protein content of the dish, which is essential for muscle health and repair.
- Sweet pumpkin meatball stew is a hearty and filling meal that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
- It pairs well with a side of crusty bread or steamed rice to soak up the delicious stew.
- Sweet pumpkin: Provides the base and main flavor of the stew.
- Meatballs: Made with ground meat of your choice, breadcrumbs, herbs, and spices.
- Vegetables: Onions, garlic, and other vegetables of your preference.
- Broth: Vegetable or chicken broth for the stew base.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, and other spices to enhance the flavors.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- There is no specific historical or cultural background associated with sweet pumpkin meatball stew. It is a creative and versatile dish that combines ingredients from different culinary traditions.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making the meatballs, consider adding grated sweet pumpkin to the mixture for added moisture and flavor.
- A large pot or Dutch oven is suitable for cooking the stew, allowing all the ingredients to simmer together and develop rich flavors.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Sweet pumpkin meatball stew pairs well with a fresh green salad or steamed vegetables to add some freshness and texture.
- As for beverages, a glass of red wine or a warm cup of herbal tea can complement the flavors of the stew.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin meatball stew recipe and tips
- 1 pound ground meat (such as beef or turkey)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, for added sweetness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the pumpkin chunks and cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and sugar (if using). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Return the meatballs to the pot and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sweet pumpkin meatball stew hot and enjoy!
- You can customize the meatballs by adding your favorite herbs and spices, such as paprika, cumin, or thyme.
- If you prefer a thicker stew, you can add a tablespoon of tomato paste or a cornstarch slurry (mix cornstarch with water) to the pot and simmer until thickened.
- Feel free to add other vegetables like carrots or bell peppers for added flavor and nutrition.
- Serve the stew with crusty bread or over cooked rice for a hearty meal.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days or frozen for later use.
Sweet pumpkin meatball stew calories
The calorie content of sweet pumpkin meatball stew can vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, here’s a general estimate of the calorie range for sweet pumpkin meatball stew:
On average, a serving (about 1 cup) of sweet pumpkin meatball stew can contain approximately 250-350 calories. This estimate includes the meatballs, pumpkin, broth, and other ingredients commonly used in the recipe. Please note that the calorie content may vary depending on the type of meat, cooking methods, and any additional ingredients or toppings you may add.
To get a more accurate calorie count, it’s best to calculate the nutritional information based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients you use in your recipe. You can use online nutrition calculators or consult the packaging labels for the ingredients to determine the exact calorie content of your sweet pumpkin meatball stew.
- The sweet pumpkin meatball stew has a comforting and hearty appeal.
- The dish has an inviting aroma that fills the kitchen.
- The vibrant orange color of the sweet pumpkin adds a visually appealing touch.
- The combination of tender meatballs and sweet pumpkin creates a delightful flavor contrast.
- The stew has a rich and savory taste with hints of sweetness from the pumpkin.
- The spices and seasonings used in the meatballs and stew add depth and complexity to the overall flavor.
- The creamy texture of the pumpkin blends well with the meatballs, resulting in a satisfying and enjoyable eating experience.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Sweet pumpkin meatball stew recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥