Classic Peanut Cookies Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
Peanut cookie recipe
About Peanut Cookies
Health and Nutritional Information:
Peanut cookies, like most cookies, are generally considered indulgent treats and should be enjoyed in moderation. They are typically high in calories, added sugars, and fats. However, peanuts themselves offer some nutritional benefits. They are a good source of protein, healthy fats, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. When consumed as part of a balanced diet, peanut cookies can provide some protein and energy. It’s important to be mindful of portion sizes and consider the overall composition of your diet to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Peanut cookies are commonly enjoyed as snacks or dessert options. They pair well with a cup of tea, coffee, or a glass of milk. Due to their sweetness and rich flavor, they can be a satisfying treat during afternoon tea or as a dessert after a meal.
Peanut cookies typically contain basic ingredients such as peanuts, flour, butter or oil, sugar, eggs, and baking powder. Some recipes may also include additional flavorings like vanilla extract or chocolate chips. The ingredients are mixed, formed into dough, and baked until golden brown.
Historical and Cultural Background:
Peanut cookies are popular in many cultures around the world, including Western countries and parts of Asia. Peanuts themselves have a long history and are native to South America. The cultivation and consumption of peanuts spread globally, leading to the creation of various peanut-based recipes, including peanut cookies. Peanut cookies are often associated with holiday seasons, festive celebrations, and family gatherings.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Recommendations:
To make peanut cookies at home, you will need basic baking equipment such as mixing bowls, measuring tools, an electric mixer or wooden spoon for mixing the dough, and a baking sheet or tray. Here are a few tips for making homemade peanut cookies:
- Use high-quality peanuts: Opt for fresh and roasted peanuts for better flavor and texture in your cookies.
- Consider natural peanut butter: Using natural peanut butter without added sugars or oils can provide a more intense peanut flavor.
- Adjust sweetness: Adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe according to your preference. You can reduce the sugar content or substitute with healthier alternatives like coconut sugar or honey.
- Experiment with textures: For a chunkier texture, you can add coarsely chopped peanuts to the cookie dough.
- Store properly: Store peanut cookies in an airtight container to maintain their freshness and prevent them from becoming stale.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Peanut cookies pair well with various hot or cold beverages. They complement a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or a glass of milk. The contrast of the sweet and nutty cookies with the warm or cool drinks creates a pleasant combination of flavors.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Peanut cookie recipes and tips
Peanut cookie recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Making Peanut Cookies:
- Use quality ingredients: Choose fresh and high-quality peanuts for better flavor. Opt for unsalted butter to control the saltiness of the cookies.
- Soften the butter properly: Make sure the butter is softened but not melted. This helps achieve the desired texture in the cookies.
- Cream the butter and sugars: Creaming the softened butter and sugars together until light and fluffy helps incorporate air into the dough, resulting in a tender cookie texture.
- Don’t overmix the dough: Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Overmixing can result in tough cookies.
- Chill the dough (optional): For thicker and chewier cookies, you can refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Customize the texture: Adjust the texture of the cookies by finely chopping the peanuts for a smoother cookie or leaving them slightly chunky for added crunch.
- Experiment with flavors: Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or a handful of chocolate chips to the dough for additional flavor variations.
- Properly store the cookies: Store the cooled peanut cookies in an airtight container at room temperature to maintain their freshness. They can be enjoyed for several days.
Enjoy your homemade peanut cookies!
Calories of peanut cookies
The calorie content of peanut cookies can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, I can provide you with a general estimate of the calorie content in peanut cookies.
On average, a homemade peanut cookie (approximately 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter) contains around 100-150 calories. This estimation takes into account the calories from butter, sugar, flour, peanuts, and any additional ingredients used in the recipe. Keep in mind that the size and specific ingredients used in your homemade peanut cookies may affect the calorie count.
If you are looking for a more accurate calorie count, it is recommended to calculate the nutritional information based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients you use, using a reliable nutrition calculator or database.
- Peanut cookies have a classic and recognizable appearance with a golden-brown color and a slightly crumbly texture.
- The aroma of freshly baked peanut cookies fills the air, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- The round shape and small size of peanut cookies make them convenient for snacking or enjoying with a hot beverage.
- Their rustic and homemade look adds a charming touch, making them suitable for casual gatherings or as gifts.
- Peanut cookies have a rich and buttery flavor that is enhanced by the nuttiness of the peanuts.
- The cookies offer a delightful balance between sweetness and the natural savory notes of peanuts.
- The texture of peanut cookies can vary, ranging from slightly crisp on the edges to soft and slightly chewy in the center.
- The roasted peanuts embedded in the cookie dough provide a delightful crunch and additional bursts of nutty flavor.
- The overall taste is comforting and nostalgic, making peanut cookies a beloved treat for many.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Peanut cookie recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥