Classic Egg Salad Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
▶ 20 Simple Dinners For When You’re Feeling Stressed ◀
If you add the linked page to your bookmarks now, you won’t have to worry about the menu again.
About Egg Salad
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Egg Salad: This dish is a good source of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The nutritional content can vary depending on the specific ingredients used in the recipe, such as eggs, mayonnaise, vegetables, and seasonings.
- Egg salad can be enjoyed as a light and satisfying meal option for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack. It can be served on its own, as a sandwich filling, or as a topping for salads or crackers.
Information about Ingredients:
- Eggs: They provide high-quality protein, essential amino acids, and important nutrients like vitamin B12 and selenium.
- Mayonnaise: It adds creaminess and flavor to the salad. Opt for healthier options like low-fat or avocado-based mayonnaise.
- Vegetables: Common additions include diced celery, onions, or fresh herbs, which contribute fiber and additional nutrients.
Historical or Cultural Background:
- Egg salad has been a popular dish in various cuisines around the world. It is often associated with American and European culinary traditions and is commonly served as a picnic or deli-style dish.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Boiling eggs: Use a pot with a lid to bring water to a boil, gently add the eggs, and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Then, transfer them to an ice bath for easy peeling.
- Mixing the salad: Use a mixing bowl and a fork or a whisk to combine the chopped or mashed eggs with mayonnaise and other ingredients.
- Enhancing the flavor: Experiment with different seasonings and herbs, such as mustard, paprika, dill, or chives, to add extra depth and taste to the salad.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Egg salad pairs well with various accompaniments. Serve it on toasted bread or in a wrap, accompanied by fresh lettuce, tomatoes, or avocado. It can also be enjoyed with a side of fresh vegetables, crackers, or a light soup.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
The salad recipe and tips
Egg Salad Recipe and Tips:
- Hard-boiled eggs (4-6, depending on the desired quantity)
- Mayonnaise (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- Diced celery (1/4 cup)
- Diced onions (2 tablespoons)
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, or chives, optional)
- Mustard (1 teaspoon, optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Start by boiling the eggs: Place the eggs in a pot, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, then transfer them to an ice bath to cool. Once cooled, peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped eggs, diced celery, diced onions, and any desired fresh herbs.
- Add mayonnaise to the mixture and stir until the ingredients are evenly coated. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise based on your preferred creaminess.
- If desired, add mustard for additional flavor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the egg salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the egg salad as a sandwich filling, on a bed of lettuce, or with your choice of accompaniments.
- Experiment with different variations by adding ingredients like diced pickles, capers, or chopped olives for added texture and flavor.
- Adjust the seasoning and mayonnaise quantity according to personal taste preferences.
- To keep the salad lighter, use low-fat or Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or a sprinkle of paprika for an attractive presentation.
Egg salad calories
Egg Salad Calories:
The calorie content of egg salad can vary depending on the specific ingredients and proportions used in the recipe. Here is an approximate breakdown of the calorie content for a basic egg salad made with common ingredients:
- Hard-boiled eggs (4-6, depending on the size): Approximately 70-90 calories per large egg
- Mayonnaise (1/4 to 1/3 cup): Approximately 300-400 calories depending on the brand and type used
- Diced celery (1/4 cup): Approximately 5-10 calories
- Diced onions (2 tablespoons): Approximately 10-20 calories
- Additional ingredients (such as herbs, mustard, or seasonings): Negligible calorie contribution
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands and variations of ingredients used. The calorie content can also be affected by the amount of mayonnaise and other additions added to the egg salad. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information on the specific products you use or consult a registered dietitian for more accurate calculations based on your recipe.
- Egg Salad: A classic and versatile dish that is visually appealing with its creamy texture and vibrant colors from the eggs and vegetables.
- The aroma of the eggs and fresh ingredients is enticing and evokes a sense of comfort and familiarity.
- The sight of the finely chopped eggs, mixed with colorful vegetables, creates an appetizing and inviting presentation.
- The texture of the egg salad is smooth and creamy, with a pleasant combination of flavors and textures from the eggs and vegetables.
- The richness of the mayonnaise enhances the creaminess, while the diced celery and onions add a refreshing crunch and subtle tang.
- The blend of flavors is well-balanced, with the salt and pepper seasoning complementing the natural taste of the eggs and vegetables.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
an egg salad recipe, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥